Where is the Zing?

To where did the Zing laser move now that it is no longer in the room formerly known as the Orange Classroom?

Check Glass Committee area.

As Art has pointed out, it is indeed set up … I think just outside Glassworks…

1 Like

Pierce and I moved it to glassworks and hooked it up should be operational

1 Like

Could someone please show me how to use it? It it’s moved configuration I couldn’t figure out how to turn on the exhaust.

Sorry to necro this thread, but still can’t figure out how to make this work. Does anyone on @Team_Laser know anything about Zing? @PearceDunlap - can you please help?

I assume, but do not know, that the Eaton controller next to the Zing somehow controls the Zing exhaust, but there might be auxiliary controls. Can someone please confirm?

I also assume that the tiny compressor hooked to the back of the Zing provides air assist.

The computer is not on the network. You can’t access your members drive files, but more significantly you can’t use any of the Adobe Creative Suite products because it can’t connect to the internet to verify a license. You must come to the Zing with a rasterized pdf file on a thumb drive.

And finally … I was unable to find the Epilog job manager or any way to access the printer control panel. I couldn’t remember how to find the laser dashboard.

I’ll look tomorrow when I’m up, I thought the PC the zing was using was on wifi.
the exhaust is the same as it was in orange, a HEPA to power on when cutting. not controlled by the laser. same with the air compressor.

the software stuff is likely due to not being on the network

1 Like

that’s how I always used the zing.

Thanks. Where is the switch for the exhaust?

on the big HEPA filter near the bottom

1 Like

I’ll be the first to acknowledge that the software issues could be operator error (mine).

Did you have any success finding the software? @nicksilva and I looked again yesterday but without success. I also couldn’t find any way to connect “the PC” to wifi - it is actually one of those tiny little cupcake computers.

Also - WRT the controls - I have a couple more questions.

1. What’s the approximate PSI suggested for air assist? A range is fine.
  2. What’s the role of the Eaton controller on the front? Is it adequate to ensure it’s turned on? Does it stay turned on? I’m just looking for the bare minimum info in case someone has to do something to it.
  3. Where is the nearest suitable fire extinguisher?

I’m asking all these questions because I’m working on a single page “cheat sheet” that could be laminated and left at the machine. So far this is what it looks like, but IMO it would benefit from the info above.