Where are all of the sewing machines

I was just in CA, and when i went to grab a sewing machine, 3 of them were tagged with timing tension issues, and the rest were nowhere to be found. Does anyone know where the rest of them are?

1 Like

ah poopwaffles, thanks for the quick response anyway man

2 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately just as soon as we sent three into the repair shop the three we left behind all started skipping stitches and having timing issues worse than they’d had before. You can try to use them and see if they’ll cooperate for you, but we can’t guarantee that they’ll do what you need. We will have the three that are out for repair back ASAP and then those three will go in for repair too.

Going forward we are going to strive to have these on a regular maintenance schedule so we’re not in this situation again.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

3 Likes

Astrud should be picking up the three machines that are still there and taking them to the repair guy today, so I wouldn’t assume that we have any machines in house until the first set returns from being serviced.

I think they’ve held pretty good - I believe this is their first “spa treatment” since we got them two+ years ago.
Probably every 15-18 months would be a good maintenance interval.

If at all possible, I would recommend that we put them on a rotating schedule from here on out, have 2 out every 6 months or so, that way, ideally, there will always be at least 4 available

1 Like

Yes, it’s in the works.

As of this afternoon, the first three machines are #2 thru #4 in the repair queue, and the other machines were dropped off as well.

Machines are back! Please note they all suffered from the exact same issue which is caused by pulling the fabric through the machine instead of letting the feed dogs under the foot do their job to feed the fabric on their own.

DO NOT PULL ON THE FABRIC.

It causes the needle to be pulled out of alignment and pulls the timing and tension for the bobbin out of proper adjustment.

Thanks!

7 Likes

To add to what Paul is saying,

if you are having issue with the machines feeding the fabric, you have too much material under the pressure foot. Just like saws, let the machine do the work! You can hold material and move it with the machine if you don’t want a stretch layer to walk or bunch on you, but don’t start pulling because the bottom layer is moving but the top layer isn’t.

2 Likes

I am wondering if we need to consider at least one or two heavier duty reg sewing machines

These could be the ones that are kept our all the tiem Thhinking that might allow the
ones we have to not be abused as much

We already are working on that and think the Babylock Zest model is a good candidate based upon cost, durability, construction, and simplicity.

2 Likes