What's Up With Pickles?

Make your own. DM me for an awesome recipe. Takes 2 days and about an hour of work.

This guy makes awesome non traditional (grapes, cauliflour, okra) and traditional pickles using local craft beer. He hits all the major farmers markets T-Rex Pickles - Coppell Farmer's Market

2 Likes

Pretty much :–)

That’s too much effort.

As you already know, You had me at “beer”! :beer: :

1 Like

Though everyone’s opinion is different in the never ending search for the perfect pickle. I second Vlasic Kosher dill pickles. Tender yet with a crunch is the best way I can explain the texture. I can easily knock a jar out in an evening.

1 Like

The best commercially made- not by an indie small batch producer- is Bubbies pickles. I am a traditional purist when it comes to a pickle, so only a kosher dill will do. They do make bread-and-butter sliced pickles. I’ve never had them. But the kosher dill rocks! Its The Best grocery store pickle by far. Other brands, including all the ones mentioned here, are inedible IMO. Am I a pickle snob? Most assuredly :slight_smile:

Bubbies can be found on Amazon and at some grocery stores. Whole Foods, Central Market usually has them. Occasionally Tom Thumb and Sprouts will have them. They are in the refrigerated section.

1 Like

IMG_1983
My favorite…

But it seems like I am getting 32oz of pickle juice. Hard to bite down on that.

1 Like

Grillo’s from Costco/Target/Sprouts/Central Market are awesome! Also Deli News off Campbell and Preston has some bomb homemade pickles they make with a traditional salt brine. You can order them to taste too they have some that have a more fresh cucumber flavor vs fully pickled. Also if you hang out at 3 Nations enough there’s a couple in their mug club who sells pickles and all sorts of pickled veggies from their garden. Haven’t been there in a while and forgot their names, but if you ask the staff about them they’ll most likely know who I’m talking about!

I do (or have). Their fake Olympia Gold tap cracks me up.

1 Like

2 Likes

We ordered a couple ‘Italian Stallion’ subs from Jimmy’s just a couple weeks back.

2 Likes