Whats the name of the scrap metal yard in Dallas

What’s the name of the scrap metal yard in Dallas where you can walk in and pick out what you want to purchase? Someone in one of the metal shop classes was telling the class about it. They mentioned all you need is a hard hat and safety glasses and you can walk around and they will sell you what you need by the pound.

I think it was either in the welding class @malcolmputer or in the CNC class @nacho how mentioned it.

1 Like

Almost any yard is this way. Garland steel, you check in & go look around. Metals for you has it in the show room. Discount steel has a full show room of remnants & drops as well as some out back. Fulton supply in Denton you walk in the yard for drops.

3 Likes

Thanks @TBJK I think it was metals4u but I didnt see anything on their website about scrap metal so I was second guessing. I’ll go by and check them out.

Metals4u was the one I had mentioned. As Tim said, it’s a pretty common cost saving practice for metal yards, so pretty much any one you pick should have it.

Try and haggle a little on the costs if you feel they are two high. They’d love for you to help them get rid of the short cutoffs, so sometimes they’ll work with you.

The scrap yard you are thinking of is ace iron and metal on Irving blvd

2 Likes

do they have vacuum chambers?

I like westex metals in ft worth. Very friendly, open Saturday mornings.