What's in your DMS Carry Bag?

What do you mean “pockets aren’t quite right.” Dimensionally? Design? Arrangement?

They are either too deep, not deep enough and too large diameter wise. Being too large & not deep enough, tools fall out into the bottom of the bag. Being too deep makes it difficult to retrieve the tools. I’ve told them those reasons I didn’t like the bag. I don’t know if they have done anything about it

I do like the design of the zip ups as they Velcro to the side of the bag, the strap Velcro’s to the handle so your strap isn’t sitting in the dirt. The bottom on mine is hard plastic and water proof which is nice at times.

1 Like

Luckily in true maker fashion Savage released patterns for his EDC bags so you can choose your material. Looks like they’re sold out though!

It’s always the 10mm that’s missing, isn’t it?

… T25 bit / construction pencil / combination square / ⅛" drill bit / needle-nose pliers / extension cord / awl / that final piece of small easily-lost material that took five tries to get sixteen successive operations performed correctly so I can finish this job …

6 Likes

I ordered a set and it shipped today! pretty much what started this discussion!

1 Like

10mm socket

… and they say size doesn’t matter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell that to someone trying to substitute a 3/8" socket for a 10mm.

1 Like

Ohhhh haha - I thought you bought the already-made bags. I read gud. :yum:

2 Likes

I’m not the designer, I just got it from thingiverse. The creator said making it parametric would be a huge pain. I think it’s open for remixing though.

@HoarseHorace Hey Mathew, any chance you’re willing to share that file, I love that and have tons of ammo can’s at home…

@ESmith image

3 Likes

All I can say is the plastic toolbox I got at Harbor Freight is overstuffed, already need much bigger to house safety gear alone. Live and learn.

It’s in my members drive, feel free to grab it. I should warn you that one of the corners is messed up I think, it should be pretty obvious which one it is. The author didn’t do a great job with the svg so I had to break and re-link everything so I could get it to work with svg nest.

Currently using a cardboard Amazon box until I figure out what I regularly carry/need. Didn’t want to commit to something until I had a better idea what would be in it! So far in the box are:
ear protection,
dust mask,
eye protection,
CNC bits,
jig and straps for CNC hold down,
mini square,
calipers, and
pencil.
Leatherman and tape measure are also along, but they are on my belt. After reading this I should add paper!

3 Likes

Thanks @HoarseHorace, I just grabbed the files and will review. Appreciate it!

1 Like