What's Cooking? September 2021

I’ve probably had mine close to six months. It’s been fantastic, wish I would have gotten one years ago! Temp control has been really consistent and I’ve used it for 12-14 hour brisket cooks as well as quick things like burgers and pizza. Don’t even use my gas grill or the offset smoker I’ve had for more than 20 years any longer.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds similar to my friend and her wife, they’ve had maybe a similar timeframe as you. Neither of them use the grill anymore and have been talking about if they’re going to even keep it because now they’re solely using the Reqteq. I started browsing and am strongly considering it for next year.

Carrot cake from scratch with fresh cream cheese icing.

8 Likes

Chicken tikka meatballs

11 Likes

Dr Pepper cake

6 Likes

A winner, recipe courtesy of Purple Carrot: crispy harissa tofu with couscous, cucumber and mint.

Recipe here: Crispy Harissa Tofu | Plant-Based Recipes

I’d recommend cutting the lemon juice to 1/2 a lemon, but otherwise it was quite tasty. Honey would be an easy substitute for the agave as well. We’ll be making this again.

6 Likes

I do love harissa! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

1 Like

Whole Lemon Lemon Pie

Uses the whole lemon: juice, zest, pith (but hopefully not the seeds). Grind it up with eggs, sugar, butter, and a little vanilla.

6 Likes