What's Cooking? September 2021

Make us drool with your successful dishes. We’ll commiserate with your failures.

Pics/recipes appreciated!

@Team_Admin please sticky

6 Likes

Tom Thumb had pork shoulders on sale for $0.99/lb., so it was time to make some pulled pork.

15 Likes

That looks delicious!

1 Like

Robin made a Pork Wellington tonight with homemade rough puff pastry… OM NOM NOM NOM!!! :smiley:

13 Likes

@heyheymama and I are undertaking a ‘Baking Deep-Dive’ in 2021 as a bit of a COVID diversion, and to learn something new that we hadn’t studied before. This is our first attempt at a swiss roll with a decorative paste inlay.

And on Labor Day…aka ‘National Coffee Ice Cream Day’, note the homemade coffee ice cream on the side. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

14 Likes

Years ago I learned about this technique from a Japanese magazine. I LOVE it! Yours turned out wonderful!

1 Like

Pan fried gnocchi with asparagus and home-grown green beans. Seasoned with shallots, garlic, parsley, and lemon zest.

Very bright and tasty.

I followed this recipe pretty closely, other than:

• cooking the shallots, then adding the garlic
  • cooking the gnocchi in a separate pan in parallel with the veggies.

9 Likes

French Toast breakfast made from homemade sourdough bread.

10 Likes

My 3yo loves to cook with us, so we made a homemade apple pie from the NYT cooking blog. Breyer’s vanilla to top it off :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Cannellini beans with garlic, onion, and sweet bell pepper, sautéed in white wine and vegetable broth, served over garlic quinoa and brown rice with Parmesan broccolini as a side dish.

8 Likes

First time making my own burger buns and they were fantastic! The only change I would make next time is to make seven buns instead of six. They were massive. I used Joshua Weissman’s recipe.

8 Likes

Ok, so here, I tried to make a gourmet hot dog with cheese. I watch a lot of food network, so I know I did well. Since I own my own catering company, I want you all to know that I am free to cater your events! DM ME!

3 Likes

On the food network I think they would use the fancy term “deconstructed”. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Uploading: 1BF11884-0AEB-4EFD-9493-D34D4D354883.jpeg…

Pineapple, Jalapeño, Brisket Tacos, with squeezed lime, salse verde, sour cream and lime zest

2 Likes

That point where you enlist Tron to try and get your new sourdough starter to activate.’

4 Likes

TriTip! Smoked on the recteq until 120 degrees internal then seared at about 500 for a few minutes!

10 Likes

Okay, I’m hungry.

It worked!!!

6 Likes

What are your thoughts on the Recteq? How long have you had it? I’ve been looking at one after a friend of mine happened to get one and she really loves hers.