What's Cookin? February culinary appreciation thread

I’ve been derelict in my duties to post these threads the last few months (I blame… gestures wildly).

So, what’s cookin, DMS? What’s on your stoves, in your ovens, on your table?

5 Likes

I recently tried the Serious Eats Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, and they turned out excellent! Edit: I did substitute the brown sugar with Lakanto Golden (zero carb sweetener) to make these keto.

20210126_181355

I also perfected this amazing Jalapeno Avocado Crema that I’ve been experimenting with for over a year (trying to copycat my fav restaurant)!

Jalapeno Avocado Crema

Ingredients:

• 3 jalapenos
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 cup Lime Juice (plus more to add to taste)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
  • 1/2 cup water (optional)

Instructions:

1. Roast jalapenos using your desired method (gas stove or broiler), then place in a covered bowl to steam for at least 10 minutes. Remove the stems and deseed (if desired)
  2. Add all ingredients except water (start with ¼ cup of lime juice and ¼ tsp of salt) and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
  3. Add water until it reaches the desired consistency. Add lime juice and/or salt to taste.

Notes: It keeps in the fridge pretty well for a week to maybe two, but it doesn’t last that long in our house.

10 Likes

Black Forest Paprika Schnitzel.

11 Likes

I started hello fresh, I havent cooked in years. So far so good. I still lack motivation to cook but when I do its better than fast food.

first night cooking the fire alarms went off in my apartment lol

11 Likes

Do hot pockets count? Lol

6 Likes

We accidentally got hello fresh last week and those taquitos far exceeded expectations.

4 Likes

Homemade pizza using premade pizza dough.

8 Likes

The Taquitos have been the best dinner I’ve had in a while.

3 Likes

Kinda noticed I was getting a little larger than i was comfortable with so I decided to go keto for a few months.
Started January 1st and already see my clothing getting looser, lol!

This is a pizza I did on Joseph’s lavash bread with pepperoni, Italian sausage, ham and mozzarella.

15g carbs total for a 12x8in (?) pizza.

9 Likes

A neighbor gave me some of her sourdough starter last summer. I’ve been experimenting with adapting some recipes.

Sourdough rolls:

Breakfast Blueberry Coffee Cake (adapted from another friend’s grandmother’s recipe:

Deep Dish Skillet Pizza:

Cranberry Cinnamon Bread:

13 Likes

Plenty of failures I’m not posting pics of, I finally turned out a lovely pair of “baguettes” from my quarentiny starter…

17 Likes

I did keto for several years and started back up in August. Let me know if you need any recipe ideas.

2 Likes

Here we have blowtorch steak, copycat pressure cooker killer shrimp, and rosemary garlic golden mash potatoes.

Steak cooked via sous vide at 146 degrees for four hours then seared by MAP gas blowtorch.

Killer shrimp is a place I got addicted to on a trip out to L.A. Found a decent copycat recipe I do in my ninja Foodi but am constantly adapting it to My tastes.

Recently got a kitchen aide mixer so loved how easy mashed potatoes were.

14 Likes

Will do!
Thanks!

2 Likes

Some of the last of my Jalapeño summer sausage…

13 Likes

My knife skills aren’t the best but still delicious

10 Likes

So will you be making some winter sausage?

3 Likes

pullum particum, or Parthian Chicken, it’s an ancient roman recipe. It turned out fantastic.
Here is the recipe: https://youtu.be/6LynenQ5h2Y

11 Likes

Did you use all of the ingredients or substitute anything? Did you source the fetid ass powder?