What To Carve/Cut this into a 3D sculpture, Artists please help

Simply looking to build this into a wooden 3 dimensional art piece for a friend as a thank you for helping me with some business stuff. Any ideas, suggestions?

Table with a glass top using this design as the base?

2 Likes

It can be cut as a fretwork piece. or borrow from some chip carving designs. Of course you can also laser the heck out of it with some tribal design. cheers!

1 Like

I like this idea. Do you have any images for examples? Also, have you done this before? If so, could we schedule time to help me design and build this?

start with these. just overlay the pattern onto yours and carve, route, burn away.

chip carving
tribal weave patterns
trible tattoos
fretwork

I’m not looking to do anything other than the photo. As in literally I’m looking to just turn that logo into a wooden 3D art piece, but then I realized it would look great in a table type of design so I will need to figure out how big I want the table to be.

I haven’t done this yet, sorry. It is one of those things that I have in mind to do eventually. As soon as I saw your image it looked perfect for that application. Here is an image from my favorite YT channel/woodworker (Chris Salomone) for an example.

you could get a really cool piece of burl or other good looking wood. then laser that logo into it. then fill the void with epoxy mixed with a filler. They have metallic looking ones, crushed rock, dyes, etc. I’ve done quite a bit of that sort of thing, happy to help if you go that route.

This is what it looks like filling a natural void

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/09/62/720962f6d02b5642824ea5cbec1a0844.jpg

4 Likes

Yes, I’d love to do something like this.

It’s super easy. I’ll be up at the shop on Sunday if you are around and want to discuss. I’m working on a small burl box thing.