What should the name of our committee be?

I personally prefer just “Aero”, and I had opposed the name change since flying stuff is 100% of the reason for my involvement and I didn’t want to see Aero projects get dumped in favor of car / boat / other RC projects.

However, in practice it’s been clear that there is no real threat of the committee moving away from its Aero side, in spite of name (and presumably mission) changes. If anything, subsuming RC has resulted in non-aero RC basically dying, and we might ought to think about addressing that.

From what I recall, the name was changed mostly to accommodate the remote control car racing guys ~ who didn’t really stay around long anyway due to various issues - like a lack of volunteers to help setup and take down the track in the back parking lot, as well as problems finding a suitable way to mark the pavement w/o getting anyone in trouble… Then the Banana RC Raceway opened up, and they started doing there stuff there instead. Other than that brief period, the focus has always been primarily “flying stuff”. My personal opinion is that “Aerospace / RC” would be a good compromise… that way if there are any groups who want to do RC stuff they have an umbrella to start under… I’m going to move this post and yours to a new thread under the #aerospace-rc category for further discussion at this time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is another related post I made on the other thread:

If y’all decide to request it be renamed, you can check out the link above to view the original request to ‘rebrand’ it to RC - which might help you with the wording if you are going to put a new agenda item to ‘rebrand’/rename it back to “Aerospace” (or any variation y’all might decide upon…).