What Should Science do for the Open House?

Science Committee is starting to plan for the open house in October and it would be really helpful if we could get input from the rest of the makerspace. If you want us to do something specific please add it to the list here!

what ever it is should include a frankenstein switch and those great towers where the lightning arc climbs between them. Or perhaps take over the world. cheers!

Mutant fish! Or mutant plants. Maybe a mutant fish-plant hybrid :slight_smile:

Seriously though, something microscopic might be of interest. Spores, mold, biology, materials science …

1 Like

If it can be projected on a big screen it would be really cool.

1 Like

Having the neural group do something like this would be cool

1 Like

Have the switch run a couple Jacob’s Ladders a Van de Graf Generator, these are always fascinating to with kids - hair standing out.

Okay - be honest, here’s what people really want to see in a “Science” lab if they are honest.
I can so see Ashley getting into the “It’s Alive, It’s Alive” part, with one of her Science minions on the table.

My point is, you should try to have a something that gets attention so folks stop and look then show them the other cool stuff you do in Science.

Normally I’d say something like @Lampy Ken’s CO2 Ice cream - but after last year it is probably better fit under Hatcher’s

Edit: Have microscopes set up with different things under them.

4 Likes

Strawberry DNA

The microscope with it on the screen would be grea

If the GMO testing kit is affordable have several items it can test
the problem could be finding things that will test positve