What’s Cooking? October 2021

Make us drool with your successful dishes. We’ll commiserate with your failures.

Pics/recipes appreciated!

@Team_Admin please sticky

1 Like

Made my first-ever sourdough starter about 2 weeks ago. Then, using my starter, I baked some naturally leavened sourdough bread.

15 Likes

Pesto Rotini Bacon, Italian Sausage with Feta, Mozzarella with sautéed peppers in bacon fat with lemon zest.

10 Likes

Smoked Brisket, pineapple, jalapeño, ghost pepper cheese, diced red onion, cilantro, hot sauce, salsa verde, lime juice, lime zest, sour cream, with zero carb tortillas.

12 Likes

Mushroom risotto with porcini and crimini mushrooms.

11 Likes

First go at lollipop chicken on the pellet grill

Light glaze with lime, hoisin, Thai fish sauce, and various spices.

15 Likes

Wet burritos for dinner tonight. I put beans, ground beef, cheese, fresh jalapeños, fresh onion & fresh cilantro inside. Then hot enchilada sauce, cheese, sour cream, fresh chopped jalapeños, fresh chopped onion, cilantro & black olives.

15 Likes

You got great color and amazing oven spring! I love doing sourdough in lidded cast iron.

3 Likes

Vanilla yogurt with blackberries, squeeze of lime, cinnamon and orange zest.

6 Likes

I was in the mood for chicken pot pie, but we didn’t have any, so I made this from mostly from scratch. The top is puff pastry.

6 Likes

Instant pot egg bites with potatoes, spinach and sun dried tomatoes plus some onion salt.

5 Likes

Thanks Ken! It was only my 3rd loaf, but we’re trying to “science the shit out of this”. Making more tonight and tomorrow.

3 Likes

Both items look amazing. Now I want chicken pot pie…

1 Like

Thanks, @Scott_Blevins! I was admiring your bread baking abilities.

1 Like

More sourdough hijinks…

7 Likes

When is Blevins Boulangerie opening? Looks like a one course meal to me! Gorgeous crust!

1 Like

Oh it needs some Cambozola.

For sure! Do you shop Kroger? They have a really nice mountain gorg… pretty creamy, great full flavor, but not too funky. It’s become a bit of a regular with slightly broiled tomatoes and a few slivers of sweet onion and a bit of balsamic drizzle.

1 Like

Nice! Sounds like I’m heading to Kroger. :cheese::cheese::cheese: