I’m glad you guys are posting about copyright law. It helps us document things.
Now, I’d like to direct you guys to the list of repos there:
I’m fairly sure at one point I’ve gone though each project and updated their README.md, licences, and added a .github which included the extra bits. … I’d suggest checking though commit logs to see where these changes have been made.
Meaning that at one sprint I was doing documentation and intergration on a bloody shite load of projects as a clean up maintence and this including a few others that I manage so if there was any changes they would be logged in the repos’ changelog.
Now, That list for Dallas Makerspace which even remotely has any licenses attributed are:
- Dallas-Makerspace/tracker (forked from my original repo and still Creative Commons)
- Dallas-Makerspace/Voting (Other Licence - doesn’t at all sound like a licence I support)
- Dallas-Makerspace/Inventory (Added the Licence file that matched what Andrew LeCody attributed to the project, commit log) This project also was abandoned btw
- Dallas-Makerspace/ToDo (Other Licence, “repository has been archived by the owner”) Another abandoned project.
- Dallas-Makerspace/Pinball (MIT - Unattributed copyright and abandoned since 2014) Seems public domain to me.
- Dallas-Makerspace/DMSSimpleInventory ( GPL 2, abandoned since 2014 )
- Dallas-Makerspace/makermanager ( BSD [Licenced in 2017](https://github.com/Dallas-Makerspace/makermanager/commit/aa0001535655fc673b040375920febb46f7f4bac originally public domain)
- Dallas-Makerspace/3dFabOctoUI ( I authored and originally licensed under MIT Licence attributed to Dallas Makerspace).
- Dallas-Makerspace/ansible-training ( I authored and originally licensed under MIT Licence attributed to Dallas Makerspace).
- Dallas-Makerspace/presentations ( I authored and originally licensed under BSD Licence attributed to Dallas Makerspace).
Now if you also look over several of the projects listed there without a licence where also authored by myself.
If we’re worried about authors/contriburers calmming copyrights then well I’d be glad to update the repos I originally created for the others try to get ahold of Andrew LeCody since between him and I. We’re about the only two up to this point ever using github or donating publicly though github any software to the space.
I’d also ask that you guys actually use the Github API and look up all the contributors for our org.
Here’s a list of urls for them. Be sure to login to github when you go click on them