What kind of wood is this?

How big of a steam box do you think they built?

Thinking that one would have been grown like that.

1 Like

There is a knot in the middle of that beam.

4 Likes

You would have to steam a log that big for as least a month and even then I think it would be impossible to tie it in a knot.

I’m with you it grew that way. Tied in a knot as a sapling and tended until harvest to ensure it didn’t grow into itself.

Me before using Internet search: that is probably fake…

Illusion Shattering Within...

Me after using Internet search: yep, fake. Now…Fiberglass? Paper Mache? :man_shrugging: https://www.designboom.com/art/alex-chinneck-birth-death-midlife-crisis-02-07-2018/

Knotty pine, of course.

4 Likes

Maybe he took ammonia bending to the extreme. Theoretically possible, you couldn’t bend it all at once but after doing it repeatedly over a period of time, it could be possible.

2 Likes

That being said (and accurate in this case), tree shaping is a thing…

1 Like

Most likely carved out of multiple big pieces glued together and to agree with above, yea there’s not a machine in existence that could apply the force needed to do that cause it would have to be intelligently applied force to weave it through the not and you’d need most likely several Tons to Steam bend a beam of that width

1 Like

It’s the Home Depot tree :rofl:

2 Likes

Ah, probably made in the Shoppe of the Photo. When I was first looking at it, I was thinking it might’ve been carved from a larger tree. Larger trees would’ve existed that long ago. The knot is entirely too clean to have grown that way. And, while I realize that they didn’t really have deadlines in the Middle Ages (take a look at how long it took them to build Notre Dame), that’s one heck of a lead time to grow something that size.

1 Like

Not photoshopped, but probably not wood either.

2 Likes

Not with that attitude.

3 Likes

As much as I hate to admit it, your last couple of jabs have been pretty cleaver!

1 Like

Green Lantern could do eet

2 Likes