What is the auction site

What is the auction site that DMS members buy wrecked or insurance company claims vehicles for good deals? I had it but can’t remember it.
Thanks

copart is popular, but I don’t know if it is that you seek…

3 Likes

Thanks, That’s what I was looking for

1 Like

Try the LSO Auction Site and buy directly from the impound lots, no middle man to pay.

1 Like

Graham’s Wrecker in Carrollton does most of the towing for area cities and they have a monthly auction of unclaimed vehicles. They are one of the few that don’t require a dealer’s license, but it is cash only and you must immediately remove the vehicle which may or may not be running.
most of the local cities sell their surplus including vehicles at Rene Bates

https://www.renebates.com/

For example Addison has a 1930 fire truck for auction

2 Likes

Oscar,
Or anyone else considering buying a project car or their next daily driver from an auction, I strongly recommend going to LOOK at the vehicle in PERSON.

Unless you are feeling super lucky or have insider information on a vehicle at an online auction (or it is super cheap) .

Be sure to READ the rules of the auction site - the fine print.

Note: I have bought several vehicles from various auctions over the years. All good experiences.

2 Likes

Just look out for their considerable buyer’s premiums, odd inspection windows, and other auction rules seemingly designed to advantage those that snipe surplus auctions for a living.

2 Likes

I am immediately wondering if this car can both float/boat and fly? And read minds…

Along the same lines here, does anyone know if there are any scrapyards that let you walk through/ buy metal here?

1 Like

There is a yard in Arlington off Division that will. @Mrholthaus knows the name of the place.

Fulton Hardware in Denton has Remnant steel (From their scrap yard). They sell it for about .35 a lb. I bought plate last week from them

3 Likes

dfwmetals.com DFW Recyclers on Division in Arlington, was going to go there today.

2 Likes

If you are in Fort Worth, you can check out WesTex Iron and Metal [https://www.westexmetal.com/]. Last time I walked through there [late January] they had a bunch of fire hydrants, but always have some sheet, tubing, and odds ball pieces.

2 Likes

I go to ready metals. It is on the east side of Fort Worth.

3 Likes

Yep…bought a van the City of Arlington had owned through Rene Bates. You have to put down an initial deposit to open an account though - I think it was $100.

1 Like

Kinda expected that to be a site for police officers to display their art work.

1 Like