What are your off-roading mods?

Continuing the discussion from Off-roaders of DMS:

Figured I create another thread as JJ’s made me think of listing what my J.E.E.P. mods are.

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4 door. Started out with stock 29 Wrangler SRA street tires. It has the standard 2.72-1 Transfer case, had open diffs. Dana 30 front & Dana 44 rear.

It now has Dana Super 60 front axle with spartan locker, rear super 44 with ARB air locker both with 5.38 gears pushing 40” tires. Added a rubicrawler to my transfer case, which ads another 2.72-1 reduction. I did a DIY hydra-assist for the steering, I can turn the steering wheel with 1 finger. I had DIY bead locks but got rid of them. Front drive shaft from Mid-Cities Driveshaft & modified by Drivetrain of Mesquite.

Armor
I have my custom built front bumper with bull bar & 9500lb Mile Marker winch.
Boat rock sliders, Olympic basic rear bumper, custom oil/trans skid plates, built crossmember (stock one was thin). Soon enough I will have Off Road Evolution aluminum corners on.

Lift
2.5” Skyjacker with 3/4” pucks (skyjacker springs settle pretty bad) Front custom long arm kit with 2.5” Johnny Joints.

Interior has no carpet thanks to kids & Bridgeport OHV Quarry. Yep that mud stank bad. Typical Switches & onboard air

Top was replaced recently with the Rampage fastback top, it was supposed to be the tonneau but Amazon screwed up.

I have rock lights for night wheeling

Where my Jeep has been.

Janky Lipan wannabe park, Gilmer Barnwell mountain, Palo Duro Jeep Challenge, Marble Falls OHV, Bridgeport OHV, Katempsy Rocks 1 & 2, Superlift OHV Hot Springs, Green Acres Clayton, Buck Creek Daisy, Redneck Off Road Heaven Ardmore, Moab, Billings Canyon Grand Junction.

Had it close to flopping 1 time. Hardest trail was probably Redneck Millionaire in Clayton on Green Acres.

Damn I did Just Empty Every Pocket. There are somethings I would do differently if I were to redo it again.

2 Likes

1986 4Runner that my dad bought new. Really it’s my younger brother’s project but I help out.

Front hitch and winch mount: DMS Plasma and MIG
Lift: Can’t remember", spacers and diff drop in front, add-a-leaf and new shocks in rear
Interior: lots of extra switches, wires that used to go to things
Tires: 33", plus fender massaging for fitment
Front lunchbox locker
Bed platform and storage in the back
Sunroof: Flew off while driving down the interstate at 65

Been to: Barnwell, Bridgeport, Ardmore, The Toyota course at Pike’s peak raceway…

2 Likes