What are your craigslist unicorns?

TAMU is lousy with these things. The maintenance guys love them because they can drive them down a narrow sidewalk or through a mud hole and never have to unload their tools.

Many large campuses have a number of these. Both for the reasons you listed, and that they can carry much more than a golf cart. Universities just tend to be both some of the larger campuses out there, and publicly accessible.

Kei trucks have really taken over university campuses over the last several years. They’re just really excellent for moving various amounts of stuff around across various terrain where a low top speed isn’t a concern. I’m a big fan.

Add the fact that TAMU has an enormous campus to move things around on. They’ve been all in on the kei trucks for over two decades.

Pinzgauer popped up.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1972-pinzgauer-for-sale-or/6628429544.html

2 Likes

One picture does not do the Pinzgauer justice. Damn.

3 Likes

Kharmann Ghia anyone?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1969-karmann-ghia-for-sale/6641065378.html

2 Likes

For y’all Delica fans out there.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/d/1990-mitsubishi-delica-l300/6633335828.html

On a side note, you could get something like this in the $2-3K range or less(if you knew where to look) in Japan.

I was just about to post this.

Exceed Star Wagons with manual transmission are rare as. Though if you went through the process yourself, I’m sure you could still get one landed stateside inside of 10k, in about that condition. Dude is a bit proud at 16k. Of course if you’re not dead set on a manual Exceed Star Wagon, you could probably get a minty automatic around 8k landed, or a non-Exceed inside of 6-7k landed. They made an absolute ton of Delicas and nobody in Japan wants to keep paying Shaken on them, so they are dirt cheap over there. And being more similar to their heavy duty trucks than their cars, they’re deadly reliable. (Though only marginally less unhappy at freeway speeds than your average VW equivalent)

1 Like

Speaking of Japan.
They’ve got some of the coolest commercials around…

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

More VeeDub luv :blankspace:

1 Like

All these cars… I’d love to find some S-100 or other 1970s computing gear.

We saw a few today at the car show. I have certainly thought about pulling the trigger.

2 Likes

I am reminded of a 1949 Chevrolet Suburban carry-all that my father acquired via … roundabout … means circa 1980.

It’s surprisingly hard to find photos of how I remembered it; it would seem that a large number of the survivors have been customized with wild paint jobs, the low-rider treatment, or other modifications that make the example depressingly modern.

Dad had it as a daily driver for roughly a decade. I recall that its highway capabilities were … marginal at best; he disposed of it promptly after we moved to Dallas as a result. I recall that other than the challenges of starting it - choke, dedicated starter pedal - and the occasional temperamental vagaries of a vehicle that was >30 years old when originally acquired, it was generally reliable.

1 Like

Here is my antique car that I have, a 1931 Model A Ford Roadster. It is in original condition except for some road safety modifications. Notice that I have an original set of 1931 Texas license plates that have been re-registered with the DMV. With these plates I do not need any safety inspection stickers or seat belts. Some day I’ll drive it to the Makerspace and get my oil changed.

12 Likes

Are you putting it on craigslist? :wink:

Gorgeous car, thanks for sharing.

This is what I would choose if I could have a unicorn from Cragslist. It is beautiful car Rich. It looks like it is is perfect condition, too.

How often do you drive it?

Thanks for sharing.

There was this nice Bentley I liked too.

1949 Bentley Mark VI Sports Saloon

3 Likes

Left-hand drive. Probably very unusual for that year.

The car will go anywhere. Several years ago I drove it on 2,500 mile round trip to Ohio. It is driven often.

10 Likes