What Are the Silent Auction Items?

During the April 21st DMS Member Picnic we are going to host a silent auction.
All the funds will go to the scholarship fund.
On this thread I will slowly post some of the items at the picnic to work you up into a frothing mess of anticipation.

General Understandings:
You will need to pay for the item at the auction (we will bring the square reader @Robert_Davidson)
You will register for your number at the picnic
If you can’t be at the picnic you will need to tell someone to bid for you and deal with that on your own
We aren’t doing the online bidding as it confused people last year.
@mreynolds has lead the charge to head the silent auction. He needs help. Please volunteer to help with this.

1 Like

Item #1: Date with Mitch @themitch22
@Team_3D_Fab might want to get in on this one

Included: Taco Bell and a mix-tape of Mitches choosing, you guys work out the dates, post pictures on all social media with the hashtag #itstartedatDMSandendedingastointestinalpain Mitch opens all doors, gets your chair, tells you that you’re pretty at least three times and smells good during the date. Mitch will pay for all taco bell purchases and deliver the tray to the table for you. He might even place the napkin in your lap while whispering “the way the redish-orangeish oil gleams off your lips makes you look lovely tonight” on the way up. Mix tape to be delivered at a later time and dependent on the feelings he has towards you during the date. Pepto not included. “After Party” not implied. Website

Value: Priceless

Starting Bid: $5

15 Likes

Item #2 One handmade pies from Chuck @dr_cee (this has been corrected from two pies to one- he wants two auctions of one pie each)

Included: Chuck is one of my favorite people on this planet. Chucks pies are neck-punch worthy at the pot lucks. After his career he decided to get an additional degree in culinary arts - why? because he loved candy at Christmas. He later became the lead flavor maker at Paciugo, you read that right, your understanding of gelato was carefully crafted by my main man Chuck. If you win this auction you will sit down with Chuck and talk about the pies he’s willing to make you - and the batch of deliciousness to fall into your life - you better share a slice with him as well. Chuck and I ran after trains in Italy one summer I assure you any time you get to spend with him is a true delight.

Value: priceless

Starting bid: $10

6 Likes

Item #3: Print services from Tom @TLAR and Premier Gallery

Included: Winner provides the digital image ready to print, up to 24"X36" Limited to the media that is stocked at the store (canvases and papers including self adhesive) will include mounting to 3X16" foam board if desired. Website

Value: $150

Starting Bid: $10

2 Likes

Item #3: Wood Turned Vessel by Kris @Kriskat30

Included: A one of a kind lidded wood turned vessel by Kris. I honestly would sit down and write up something cute but I have about 10 minutes before my next class comes in. Kris - help a sister out and write up some information on this for me.

Value: $300

Starting Bid: $20

5 Likes

Item #4: One Long-Hug by Dan @Quixxzone

Included: What’s a good hug? I define it as dissolving into a container of joy-filled laughter with the help of a strong armed friend who won’t let you go before you take long breath releasing some deep down stressors. Let Dans hug take you away for a few minutes into a state of oxytocin induced bliss. Sure, you might choke on few beard hairs but that’s part of the deal. You outline your level of cuddle needs to be agreed upon by Dan before commencing in said hug. Rated in the top five huggers at the national “hug a stranger competition” in Sweden Dan knows what he’s doing and runs a cuddle puddle party side gig when not traversing the globe and rescuing children from burning buildings.

Value: Priceless

2 Likes

Item #5: Rent a Gorman @talkers
@Team_Laser

Included: Three hours of assistance for a laser projects of your choosing. Design consideration, material selection, fusion 360 help, inkscape help, hands on laser training, or finish and assembly help. Times to be discussed.

Value: $175

Starting Bid: $25

9 Likes

Please edit to add “During the 3 hour session, laser fees are waived and you may reserve the laser of your choosing on the Event Calendar, thereby bypassing the queue.” - signed, Chair of Laser.

10 Likes

“Rent a Gorman” had me intrigued “bypassing the queue” now has my attention.

12 Likes

Item #6: Arduino Grab Bag from Walter Anderson with lots and lots of help from Art @artg_dms @Team_Electronics

Included: Sain Smart Nano V3 ATmega328-AU (Arduino Compatible) $12.99
Sain Smart Uno R3 ATmega328P-PU 16U2 (Arduino Compatible) $9.99
Arduino Ethernet shield R3 with micro SD connector $45.00
16 char x 2 line lcd display jhd162 $9.99
Solarbotics SB-GVS Sensor Shield kit for Arduino $13.95
Go Between Shield Mayhew Labs Sparkfun $9.99
3x Proto Shield for Arduino Kit - Stackable Version R3 $9.95
2x Arduino Pro Mini 328 - 5V/16MHz $9.95
Arduino Pro Mini 328 - 3.3V/8MHz $9.95
Adafruit Trinket - Mini Microcontroller - 5V Logic $6.95
Teensy 3.1 With Breakout PCB AtomSoftTech $20.00

(I don’t have a picture of anything for this)

Value: $160

Starting bid: $15

4 Likes

I would offer my hacking services…

But it could get messy

3 Likes

How about… six hours of market trading or startup management training instead?

Item #7: Get to know your Car Class @Team_Automotive

Included: Class covering basic preventative maintenance checks and familiarization with your modern motor vehicle. Dates & times to be determined.
Class will be approx. 90 minutes long

Value: $50

Starting Bid $10

3 Likes

Would you mind sending me a writeup about exactly what it will be and specifically how you want me to write it. You can see other examples in this thread. Sorry I’m trying to juggle everything - would appreciate if you did that for me. Thanks
Just PM it

1 Like

Item #8: Food Baby

Included: Dinner for Two at Babes Chicken website

Value: $35

6 Likes

Item #9: Boom Chicka BowWow : A Pyromanic Dream Nick and Ken @Nick @Lampy

Included: Make a BOOM that can be felt from over 1 mile away with Nick and Ken at the 2018 October Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas Fall Pyro-Fest. Date to be announced. Package would include membership to Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas, Event Fee, Barbecue dinner, Full Access to the setup of a Professional Pyrotechnics Display, and the Guided building and lighting of a 1KG Ground Salute with Nick and Ken. Website

Value: $200

Starting Bid: $30

10 Likes

Ok guys - Last one of the day (I think). I have MANY more to share with everyone.
If anyone wants to jump in please send me a PM with as much information as you possibly can about what you’re offering up - plus your contact information and pictures - one of you at least (or a logo) I want to put names to faces for people.

Item #10: One-on-one Machine Shop Training @sbwart @Team_Machine_Shop

Included: One-on-one machine shop training on any topics of interest related to machine shop. Up to four hours of training that would have to be mutually agreed to, minimum of one-hour segments.

Value: $400 (corrected)

Starting Bid: $15

8 Likes
  1. Can non-members buy a ticket and come to the picnic?

2. Can non-members bid in the auction?

3. Why is all of this good PR in members-only?

4 Likes
  1. They can come as a guest of a member - this is a member picnic.

2. Yes totally, we will take anyone’s cash

3. Heck I don’t know Bill, I’ll change it.

2 Likes

It looks like a non-member can buy a ticket…