What Are the Silent Auction Items?

Ok back at it - going to try to post 10 more items today but we will just see.

Item #11: Whine over Wine for a good Time

Included: A $25 gift certificate to a delicious wine bistro in Carrollton. Treat yo’ self and your beaten soul to a meal and glass of deliciousness.
Please note: I’m not entirely sure this has made its way to DMS - it was supposed to be sent last week. I’m going to check on it tonight. Website

c214877798

Value: $25

Starting Bid: $5

Item #12 Vermeil and Australian opal pendant and earrings @purpleporpoise @Team_Jewelry

Included: Vermeil and Australian opal pendant and earring set. Nadira would you mind posting a picture of the actual set? website
566fa2ad4061ee3c906cca0916ecd6717aec995a_1_389x500

Value: $100

Starting Bid: $10

Item #13: PrintrBot Simple Metal 3D printer + a raspberry pi donated by @themitch22 @Team_3D_Fab

Included: (guys please correct me if this is the wrong description) This was the sample put together from an old makerspace class taught by Mitch. Mitch is throwing in his own efforts to make sure it works well and is hooking up a raspberry pi to make sure it’s everything it needs to be for you.
The Printrbot Simple is an exercise in 3D printing minimalism. It includes only what is needed to get started in the world of 3D printing. With the All-metal Printrbot Simple you’ll have a fully-functioning 3D printer that weighs only 12 lbs and fits nicely on your desk! as seen here

Value: Of great debate - we never settled on a “worth”

Starting bid: $20

Item #14-15: Date Night Superstar: Set of Bishop Cidercade Monthly Passes

Included: This is actually going to be two different auctions and I think I’m wording this strangely. We are going to auction off four sets of monthly passes - two sets of two. The Cidercade is an arcade and bar by bishop cider in Dallas’ design district. Showcasing over 150 arches and 24 ciders on tap. All the games are free - $10 a day or $20 a month. Website

Value: $40 (for a set of two)

1 Like

Item #16-17: $45 Hobby Town Gift Card

Included: Again this is for two different auctions. Each for $45 - this is an absolute wonderland of potential new and delicious bits for hobby exploration. Hobby Town has always been very supportive of us and I hope everyone supports them in reverse. The manager Adam should be at the tour night this Thursday and believes he doesn’t have time for a place such as Makerspace. I explained to him that sleep is optional. Website

Value: $45

2 Likes

Item #18: Leather Love Pile: Tandy Leather Assortment @Team_Creative_Arts @apparently_weird

Included: Despite my cute title (and I assure you I edited it twice to make it palatable) you won’t wake up smelling of musk with a smile on your face. Tandy has always been generous with us here at DMS allowing for us to pre-order, pre-reserve and Pam has even called me to tell me when things have gone on sale. Yesterday we made plans for lunch. They are good leather loving people. @apparently_weird picked up the items for us and man, didn’t they ever come in with a solid donation. Tons of kits for you packed full of leather filled hours of fun . Website

logo

Value: $150

Starting Bid: $20

3 Likes

Can I post it later tonight? I’ve left the earrings with Kris at the space. I’ll be bringing the pendant (and, possibly one or two additional donations) late tonight.

2 Likes

Item #19: A hecka-of-a riveting rivet class by Clay @motopilot @Team_Metal_Shop

Included: Riveting: completely engrossing; compelling Rivet: a short metal pin or bolt for holding together two plates of metal, its headless end being beaten out or pressed down when in place. Clay will mix the two together to make a class where you will become completely engrossed in the art of short metal pins and you will both emerge better people. Times to be determined.

58 AM

Value: Priceless

4 Likes

Absolutely - and send me a picture of yourself as well so we connect makers with faces (if you would like) and I will use your logo as requested as well.

Item #20: To Bead or Not to Bead: Fire Mountain Bead Gift $50 Certificate @Team_Jewelry

Included: @Kriskat30 was able to get this donation for us- thanks girl. $50 to spend on your favorite bobbles and sparkles. Website
fmg-topnav-logo(3)

Value: $50

2 Likes

Well, we will just roll with it this year.

Here’s a picture.

1 Like

Dang…these are noice!

Not even done grrrrrrl

Ps see you at state VASE.

1 Like

Just be aware that when you send a picture of yourself to Nicole, you never can tell what she’s going to do with it…

5 Likes

You’re welcome sir now we’re soul sistas

The jawline and the hair is gone but the sass is still strong.

7 Likes

Item #21: Raspberry Pi Grabbag from Walter with lots of help from @artg_dms @Team_Electronics

Included:

Raspberry Pi 3 - Model B - ARMv8 with 1G RAM $35.00
Raspberry Pi 1 Model A $20.00
2x Raspberry Pi Zero W $10.00ea
2x Adafruit Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi $15.95ea
Raspberry Pi Camera Board v2 - 8 Megapixels $30.00
Firebirduino Pi Duino for the Teensy3 $20.00

f9045928338ae4e8743a3af75a904ee9e2f9d36d_1_281x500

Value: $150

Starting Bid: $15

5 Likes

Item #22: Handknit Dishcloths from Devin @missydee1206 @Team_Creative_Arts

Included: 10 hand-knit 100% cotton dish cloths (approx 6 inch square) in various colors.

Sorry guys running short on time. I don’t have a picture of the basket but here’s a cute picture of Devin
Picture1

Value: $25 (I say it’s higher for sure)

Starting Bid: $5

4 Likes

Item #23: Whip It: Parachord snake whip in up two colors from Steven @thatguy

Includes: Well the title pretty much gives it away right?

I don’t have a picture of the whip but I found a picture of this young whippersnapper. Steven upload a picture of something similar for the peoples .

Value: $175

Starting bid: $25

3 Likes