What are the cameras locked in digital media?

I saw a post this evening where someone asked to use them, and I recall being told during the tour three months ago that there was equipment locked up in the Digital Media room, but I’m afraid I’ve not been able to discern after reading board meeting minutes and the the committee outline what all the equipment might be. There is nothing included in the tools wiki maintained by DMS.

Are there any still cameras? Do they require training?

@Team_Digital_Media ~ FYI…

As I posted in your other post asking what cameras are in Digital Media:

I found this with a simple Google Search.

site:talk.dallasmakerspace.org digital media camera

There is a post in that thread from a past chair of Digital Media, @JayJohnson600, detailing what kind of camera (Sony RX-10) and where to find the manual (\\files\committees\digitalmedia) for the camera.

The Digital Media Committee wiki page had information for the RX-10 created on 18 August 2015‎ and last updated on 7 April 2016‎.

All of this was found with just a few minutes of searching… the wiki ISN’T that bad

Indeed, as a new member I was looking at the tools wiki and failed the test. Please forgive me.

1 Like

I’m not sure if that last bit was sarcasm or not…

Wiki search tools, including ours, are notoriously bad. Using the “site:” directive in a Google search is basic search technique, and the Google Search engine is much, much better than the wiki search engine.

This page may be helpful: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/20-tips-use-google-search-efficiently.html

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: “If enough flags accrue…” and what are the cameras in Digital Media

(Sorry - got confused about which thread my post belonged in)

Sony A7iii
-85mm 1.8
-56mm 1.6
-20mm 1.4
-Kit lens

Sony RX-10

Sony Nex-3

LUMIX gx85

1 Like

Did you just reply to a post that was 2 years old? :wink:

1 Like

I believe that was intentional with the purpose of updating the information.
The A7iii is the current “latest & greatest” consumer affordable, pro capable camera in Sony’s lineup.
The prime lens selection is pretty good too. That’s perhaps about $4000++ in the A7iii system kit & kaboodle alone.
The Rx10 ain’t cheap either.

1 Like

If you search digital media its the second post that comes up…

Seemed like a reasonable thing to update :wink:

3 Likes

Utilizing Talk for SEO purpose?

What kind of wizardry is this! :mage:‍♂

1 Like

I updated the Tools portion of the wiki, including images, and links to the manuals. However, the two right hand columns (training req’d? and owned/loaned) still need to be completed.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks John. I’ll update them today.

Ummm … Chris :slight_smile:

Haha :see_no_evil: I just assumed John was your husband or something.

Sorry Chris. I love you lots

1 Like

Highly recommend adding serial numbers to the tool wiki.
Definitely have serial numbers recorded somewhere just in case…

3 Likes

Suggest something like this: Asset Tags labels

They could also be associated assets in QBO as well as our insurance listing. When something is disposed of or acquired it can be tracked in simple data base. Being scanable, when inventories taken can be done quickly.

Get two tags: Both say DMS on 1st line, Second states Capital Asset or Non-Capital. Maybe a third that states Loaned Asset.

I take picts of the serial no sticker, tag, plate, etc.
Also i think anything thtat’s valued above $1k needs to be on record - somewhere.