What are some other reasons why the festool chop saw would suddenly get stuck between cuts?

Was in the middle of cutting blanks with a stop block and was setting up for a new stop with the blade down and set in place by the small knob at the bottom. Got it set where it needed to be, raised the blade back up and now it won’t go down again. It acts like the depth stop is still set. Literally the only thing that has changed has been that knob pulling out and then pushing it back in. I’ve tried fiddling with it several times since then and it still won’t go down whether the saw is on or off.

What else could have caught or what else can I try to get it unstuck?

Picture of the sliding knob that I’ve always used in the past to set up stop templates below.

Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago, part of the blade guard was jammed up. It was near the arbor on the left side, I wiggled and pushed the guard back in place and it worked fine after that.

3 Likes

Ah. I’ll try that next time. I’d left to go to home depot and it was working when I got back. Then I needed to make one more cut before I left to break down a piece and it was stuck again so I just used the table saw.

Exactly what Randy describes. It’s the linkage between the blade guard and the cowl that gets jammed as you lower the blade assembly. A quick tap as the linkage engages gets it back in line most times.

4 Likes

Two point plan.

1. Install the bosch next week, if it is functional.

2. Send the Kapex off for repairs.

3. If the Bosch is also broken, buy a $99 HF saw until one of them returns from repair.

Let’s make a policy for saw abuse when seen. We have all seen people abuse the saws out of either ignorance or frustration. Time for these people to get with the program or enjoy a manual saw.