Welding: Train the trainers wanted

@dallasmagna
@LeeCJones
@Photomancer
@Afloyd

The welding processes (TIG, MIG, Stick) need more trainers and classes. We need a “train the trainers” night to kick this effort off, much like has been done on the PlasmaCAM system.

When can we get this together?

3 Likes

I don’t have a lot of energy and free time simultaneously.

Right now I don’t seem to be working on Saturdays. The first Saturday of September I already have something scheduled. I was intending to teach a MIG class in groups for a lot of Saturday. Just mass produce basic trained MIG users.

1 Like

I need practice a few hours on TIG to get my dexterity back. But I could teach safety classes right now.

1 Like

Good. That will address the complaint about not being able to register for both the safety class and one of the other classes held on the same day.

2 Likes

The other thing nice about the safety classes, they can be taught on different days than the welding classes.

Be happy to help teach some of the safety classes, can do the Day Maker classes for example.

1 Like

Are we going to do the safety classes online and just focus on teaching machine operation?

2 Likes

If the course is online, they can do it that way, some folks like a class - if they want that I can do it a class.

I like doing some of a class at/with the machines. Learners have different modes, just want to make it so they get the material is delivered in a way that works best for them. I plan to steal shamelessly and use the material you’ve created (kudos), it’s well done and will provide consistency in what is taught. Could make it so they do it on line then I can do a “at machine review” that just takes 15-20 minutes for those that want - wouldn’t even be an honorarium class if done this way.

I think people that have never done something be it welding, wood working, machining, pottery, whatever, hands-on makes it more concrete and reinforces what they did online.

1 Like

I am interested in becoming an instructor

1 Like

I would be interested in teaching classes as well.

1 Like

I an stuck in florida ti wed night but would love this as soon as possible thanks

2 Likes

I’d like to train some people…I have really wanted to start contributing more. What do I need to do to start training.
Thanks,
Thomas

3 Likes

@Tres0422 I’d say shadow the next class so you know how it’s taught. Then throw some on the calendar.

3 Likes

I’ve signed up to take a refresher course on TIG, then I’ll be able to teach. Count me in for train the trainer claas.