Welding Opportunity - Door Cart Alteration

I was hoping to get in contact with a welding class about a possible work project. The place where I work, also in Carrolton, has a door cart that needs to be changed a little. My boss likes the idea. If this interests anyone, please reply with your terms on something like this. Thank you.

Post a photo and sketch of what you need done. If you are not under a deadline my advice is take our welding class, practice a little, and do it yourself. I would be glad to give advice.

Talk your company into subsidizing your membership. The company I work for pays half the membership cos

I’m absolutely interested in this. Welder with 3 years experience both in practical and educational situations. I’d need some more details on approximately how big the welding job is, how long it’s expected to take, and ideally any pictures of what needs to be changed.

The system does not make it easy to send pictures. They are of cross bars on a cart that carries doors. Straps are attached to them to keep the doors secure. The bar along the length of it is facing the direction it should be, the ones on the ends, opposite. We need them turned around.

Please send another means to deliver the pictures. Thank you.

Look for the up arrow in bottom right corner of the screen. It is for attaching files

As noted in the “Read First” thread, Discourse runs on Trust Levels. Go to personal messages and play along with Discobot (reply to its hello PM) to quickly work up TLs to be able to attach multiple files inline.

2 Likes

Looks like you just need to unbolt the horizontal bar, lift out the left and right sides from the base, swap them end for end so left goes on right side and right on left side, then bolt the back bar on again.

The ones on either end are fixed in place, no bolts.

Is this corner post welded to the base?
If not you can lift the two posts and welded brace out and put them on the other end of the base so the welded brace is facing the way you want

Agreed. This should be a relatively simple job. Just disassembly and reassembly with maybe a weld here and there if necessary

This end of the cart belongs on the other end, and the other one on this end. it doesn’t appear to be welded to the base, that will put the horizontal c-channel so flat side is against the doors. Just unbolt the back c-channel, swap ends, and put it back together

@ssuummyy Did you end up getting your door cart fixed?

Yes. Thank you for your advice.

1 Like