Weird firewall issue with Mapbox both api and website

Trying to develop react maps using Mapbox-gl.js libraries and their mapping Api on the member’s wifi and every time I even so much as go to the website for it to look at the documentation. I get a firewall or proxy error. It’s a common Mapping API like google maps. I don’t see why this would be a security concern

Most firewalls let you put it into learning mode where it will tell you what it would have done if it were turned on, but let the traffic go. Then you can review the logs to whitelist or exempt the traffic you think is legit.

There isn’t a single threat protection that doesn’t make classification errors, block safe sites, etc. It is the administrative responsibility to investigate and allow traffic that lets users do what they need to do while keeping them safe.

That doesn’t really explain or solve the issue. The problem is that I can’t use Mapbox’s API or view any sites that use it for their maps only on the makerspaces wifi. I switch to using tethered internet on my phone and it works fine. It’s just that a WebGL map API is such a common thing. I’m surprised this is blocked by the maker spaces wifi system, I also have no clue who to talk in order to fix this problem.

Please pm me a screenshot of the error you get. I can troubleshoot this.

2 Likes

Ahhh, I apologize, I thought you were troubleshooting the block at home and wondering why it was being blocked. Now that re-read your post, I see that it’s being blocked at the space.