Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 8pm - Automotive Town Hall Meeting

And my vote would be a mounting and tire balancing equipment/station. See, that’s how one is productive and constructive. Can’t we all just get along? :wink:

1 Like

This type of BS, from both of you, is why Talk is now members only.

7 Likes

I’d love to have a mounting and balancing machine.

Brandon’s points are valid. There’s junk around the area which is getting worse, basic tools are not being maintained, and the high end toolbox wasn’t an effective use of funds.

I’m thankful for Tom’s help on a number of occasions. His experience is valuable and he’s helped a lot of people. The lift donation has been heavily utilized and very popular. That doesn’t mean he’s flawless though.

I’ve started bringing my own tools lately because the tools at the space are hit and miss. I haven’t had to do that since the early days of automotive committee at Ladybird (when I was chair of automotive and bought the first socket set and wrench set for automotive, thanks Kent for the car donation to bootstrap things).

4 Likes

I would too, but unless we’re a tire shop, it’s not something that will see much more than the occasional use. And, may be possibly risky for the occasional user to use. Getting that bead to start does require some elbow grease unless perhaps we get the almost fully automated ones that cost over 20k.

3 Likes

Actually probably not. Anyone who joined after the various events probably doesn’t know. Guessing roughly 1/3 of the membership has no idea, and doesn’t care…until it happens again and affects them. The only history records of DMS is this Talk forum and the minutes kept on various mtngs.

Those who don’t remember/study/learn from history are condemned to repeat it. Some of us have very long detailed memory of some of those past events. Never Again.

4 Likes

@John_Marlow Please close this thread as people such as Art are just endlessly posting off topic ad hominems in violation of the guidelines https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/guidelines#agreeable . Or could split posts into a seperate “I don’t agree with something that happened over a year ago, lets all complain online and misrepresent our assumptions as facts some more” thread

What I find interesting is what’s missing in this thread.
No comments/support of the other candidate(s) concerning why they would be a better Automotive Chair.
Fascinating, don’t ya think???

There are no comments here from ANY candidate about future auto plans, which I agree is disconcerting, all we got is an indication that topics could be discussed at the meeting

That could be due to the thread being de-railed.

Or no one has anything they’d like to add.

Just a thought.

3 Likes

Maybe:
-they haven’t read
-prefer to give their 2 cents in person
-feel that their comments aren’t appropriate for the topic
-no other candidate?
-anybody’s guess is as good as anybody’s why they have not

or

Or people are choosing not to fuel the seemingly combative fires that’s been started here.

1 Like

There’s another candidate for committee chairperson but they don’t participate on Talk. Tom’s responses are relevant regardless of the participation of other candidates.

It was a good meeting, with all questions answered, improved cooperation between auto and motorsports and plans made to improve the auto area. Will be another meeting next week for voting on chair for next 6 months, the two candidates I know of are Tom and Allen

4 Likes