We slew your Griffin!

Mea culpa. I apologize.

My 11-year-old cousin was admiring your beautiful, blue-grey, 3-D-printed Griffin. He tried to return it to the shelf, but it knocked out of his grip and fell to the floor, where it was shattered and destroyed by an enemy spell. All the king’s horses meant to put it back together again but couldn’t because, . . . well, . . . they were horses.

I intended to clean it up and write an apology note on my way out of the Makerspace. Then my key fob wouldn’t let me back in from the waiting room. (Again, probably an enemy spell, but I was under an important deadline and had to abandon my attempt to fix things.)

And now my deadline has passed, so I’m writing this public note and apology. I should’ve kept the thing out of his hands; the fault is all mine.

So how do I make amends? Can I print you another one (I have red ABS but I can buy the blue-gray if that’s important)? Alternatively, can I reimburse you appropriately? Whose Griffin was it anyway? Please email me at davidatuckerATyahooDOTCOM so we can get this conversation going.

All my best,

David

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. I think that was a 3D fab test print for the resin printer, but cannot remember off hand @engpin

1 Like

When I first read this I was shocked that you would joke about this and I do not consider this a sincere apology at all.

I’ve been advocating that NO children be allowed at DMS because children are unpredictable and the accompanying adult are often irresponsible. As you have shown.

Ill bring this matter before the Board.

Last time I checked you can see all of the prints in the shelf without putting them in the hands of a preteen, which ought to not be allowed in any areas with any machinery.

Fucking Sir Lancelot wants to joke about being incapable of following the rules and letting some kid run around unattended/supervised breaking DMS/members items let he and his ilk be banished from our realms.

Hold up here. Let’s all reprimand him for breaking the rules. Fine. But let’s not jump down his throat for trying to make light of a situation. Some people cope with humor. Some people just can’t resist making jokes. He apologized, he’s trying to make amends, disciplinary action has been started. Let’s not castigate him for his choice of words. That’s not being excellent to each other.

14 Likes

Has chair I’ll handle this as I deem appropriate. Please private message me on here.

6 Likes

John:

1. The apology is sincere. Perhaps your refusal to consider it as such says more about you than me.

2. The rules were followed. These minors were accompanied by their father (my-out-of-town guest) who was within arm’s reach. I was also within arm’s reach. 3D prints are obviously not dangerous tools. Liability waivers were signed.

3. Accidents happen.

Please contact me separately about this if you’re still upset.

DT

1 Like

suck an egg.

5 Likes