We should get one of these

We might look into getting this for the Tormach:
Quick-Change-Turning-Boring-Holder

What’s the difference between this and the regular holders? If you look closely you can see that it has a V grove rather than a flat bottom so it’s meant to hold round(ish) items. it is meant to hold a boring bar or possibly a large drill bit with a 1/2" shank reduction. I’ll be getting one to use with the e16 collet chuck reducer I mentioned before and have ordered one for myself. Thoughts?

1 Like

Nick,

I thought these tool holders were considerable more expensive. It is worth a trial as for $15, how wrong can one go? Probably work out well.

Regards,
Bob

2 Likes

I agree. It might also be possible to put a 1/2" drill bit in one, which isn’t possible on the current jacobs chuck.

1 Like

Nick,

Could hold upto a 1/2" drill bit, very good. And it probably will work out for plastics but the cutting reaction forces from drilling steel will likely throw the light weight tool post out of alignment.

Regards,
Bob

nicksilva
October 11

I agree. It might also be possible to put a 1/2" drill bit in one, which isn’t possible on the current jacobs chuck.

It should also work for aluminum. I’ll let you know when I get mine in and try it

I just ordered 1 of these Nick. It wiill arrive tomorrow. I’ll donate to the cause! BTW, I ordered a 5 pack of the AXA for my lathe a while back. They work great for holding boring bars and standard cutters as well.

Here’s a 5 pack of the OXA 250-002 for ~$75.