We now have a Printmaking Discord

Come join the printmaking discord https://discord.gg/YCkBmGj
Discord is free and allows you to talk with other members of our committee and people interested in print marking. Its better than TALK

There’s also a printmaking channel on the DMS discord (chat.dallasmakerspace.org), might want to post the invite there too.

Thanks, ill send it

another website to keep track of? sorry i’m pretty busy and i’m already checking too many websites. can’t you just use the channel that already exists on the already existing dms discord? i’m about to start school next week so i’m adding 2 more websites to that list

2 Likes

We can also set the permissions so that you can moderate the existing printmaking channel in the DMS discord if needed.

I’m not really understanding the reason for having a committee specific discord.

2 Likes

(oprah meme) YOU get your own website! and YOU get your own website! and YOU get your own website!

That’s why discord is cool. Anyone can make one.
I don’t blame anyone for making their own, I’m always open for suggestions on how to make ours more available and functional for everyone.
Please let me know if there’s something you’d like to see added to the discord.

Having everything under one roof is there to let a random member peek in easily to see if they might be interested in learning from a committee or maybe they have skills that committee would need.

Either way, having multiple discords is better than our old days of having a Google Hangout for each committee.

1 Like

But they’ll still be checking talk right?

Paul and I both get notifications on our phone when a post is made in with the printmaking topic.

1 Like

On mobile you can change notification settings on a per channel basis. I’m in a bunch of different servers (for various open source projects) and use that to ensure I only get notifications for important stuff.