Wax Printing on Midnight

Thanks Mitch for getting it and John k for installing. I had a chance to print with machineable wax and had mixed results. I need to configure the slice and settings for the new extruder. I was able to print a small 7 min part but when I tried a bigger 1.5 hr print the extruder stopped pulling the wax mid print.

One thing I have noticed with midnight is that the extrude is easily left on and not cleaned out of previous filament. May make a sign to say please run some pla through after use and ensure the extruder is not hot.

··· > On Mar 22, 2016, at 1:47 AM, john a gorman wrote: > > > talkers Makerspace Member > March 22 > @themitch22 ordered a new extruder designed for flexible filaments for midnight. > > Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond > > In Reply To > > Matthew_Hoinkes > February 19 > We use a 90lb crucible and do multiple pours in bronze at the Grapevine foundry. I have just suggested this to the foundry owner and we are going to start calculating the wax to be more precise. Up to this point we have been eye balling and pouring excess into ingot molds. Seems to work pretty well … > Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond > > To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences >
1 Like

We need that for all the printers in 3D fab. I haven’t found a good way to do this in Octoprint yet, if anyone knows how to have the printer turn off the nozzle after a period elapses, that would be great.

@AnneGullett @L_Becker you guys should be aware of this development