Waterfall Acrylic Pen Display

Greetings Friends,
Here is a waterfall pen display I made out of 1/8" acrylic which can be cut out on either the laser or our CNC. It was then bent using the acrylic bender. The right one is a store bought one which sells on amazon for about $24. The left maker made one is from a 6 x 20" piece of acrylic which is probably a couple of bucks. I’ll be demonstrating this in the PigSig sometime when I get a chance. cheers!

6 Likes

I should point out that this is only a starting place for the PigSig. Jewelry display racks are big $$$ and could easily be made here. Let me know what your interest is. cheers!

3 Likes

I would like to see the bender at some point. I have a bunch of acrylic leftover from a project.

I’ll schedule something soon.

1 Like

Nice work Nick,
I’d suggest buffing out your plastic with novus before bending to remove the discoloration from the laser. I get this is an example, so not critiquing it. Just wanted to give the tip as I found it very useful when cutting clear plastics on the laser. I think the laser committee even stocked Novus at one point. Hope your class is well attended, as bending flat substrates is a underutilized technique in the DIY community.