Waste disposal of HAAS tank and the blue barrel of death

Is the haas going away?

Nope, just the coolant barrel.

How else are we going to get our toxic avengers?

1 Like

OMG Triggered

Frank,
We are evaporating the water out of the coolant. The oil that is on top is tramp oil. We have absorbed most of it off the top previous to applying heat. The residual oil is coming off what I believe is the sides as the coolant is heated. We are not physically boiling it. The bubbles you see is from a bubbler just enough to keep it agitated. It’s no different than it evaporating naturally short of we are putting heat into it to accelerate it.

1 Like

That acceleration yields a higher ambient concentration than natural evaporation would. I think that is Frank’s concern.

1 Like

Yep you got it.

The addition concentration is easy to visualize. If you put a paper towel over the opening it will darken with oil after a little while.

Or your could just put a cotton clothe over the top to filter the water vapor. You will know if there is actually a real problem if the cotton clothe becomes saturated quickly.

That said, I highly suspect there is less pollution from this than the cars driving in and out of automotive or from the various vacuum pumps uses throughout makerspace.

IMO we are taking too much time on this issue, I say we Sadam Hussein the damn thing.

2 Likes

Robocop style!

1 Like

We could put it outside and let the sun do the heating.

someone might try to move it ending up in another spill. I wouldn’t risk it.

Have we considered having some of the other committees over for some tasty cocktails?? :partying_face: