Wanting to Donate- machines and materials

Hello all!
I am not a member of the Makerspace but I know someone who is, so I’m vaguely familiar with the concept. I am interested in making a donation- I have a ton of lapidary equipment.
Long story short, my grandfather used to do a lot of stone cutting before he passed, and I was the only grandchild that he taught his skills to. I worked with him as a teen. He passed away about 10 years ago, and the things he had passed my way. I haven’t used it since, because I don’t have a space to set it up or time to do it (I’m an assistant principal and other than summer, I barely have time to sleep… this is also why I don’t have a membership to the makerspace.)
I am downsizing storage and I hate that I have all this stuff that isn’t being used. I want to give to you someone/the makerspace so it has a chance to be useful again. My grandfather would approve.
I have a variety of machines I can’t name that hopefully still work after being stored (I doubt my teenage self even tried to learn that) and a lot of semiprecious stones someone could learn on, from agate and obsidian to tiger eye and jade. I am willing to donate it ALL. The machines may no longer be good, but the stones are for sure worth something.

Please reach out to me and let me know how to donate it. I can be emailed - take the spaces out to reach me please. Anna Holland 11 22 at gmail.

10 Likes

@JBluJkt would be one of the guys to talk to about it.

2 Likes

or @mrjimmy

2 Likes

Anna, we would definitely be interested. I’ll send you an email and we can coordinate.

Thank you!
James

8 Likes

Awesome! I’ll be working in the storage that it is at this week and I’d love to have it all handled soon! I’ll be checking for your message.

1 Like

Anna,
I emailed you, but in case you didn’t get it you can reach me at [email protected]

Thanks, James