Wanted: Welding instruction

If you’d like some “secretarial” help with the presentation, give me a shout. A bit short on time, but I’d LOVE to help put together presentation, edit, proofread, etc…

1 Like

New here, would love a welding class as well!

1 Like

sounds good. i’m available sporadically this week/weekend and then i’ll be out of town the 20th-30th. so, if not in the next few days, maybe something after i get back?

This would be awesome please count me in[quote=“Ourfilthyhands, post:19, topic:25134”]
a
[/quote]I am interested in this also

please let me know also i am very interested

I’ve got the easy stuff done, but I’m working on tools and welding bits now. Sorry for the holdup, but once this is finished we won’t ever have to worry about it again, and you guys will be able to essentially get the safety class done without having to leave your computers and when we meet up we can get straight to the good stuff.

Also I ought to mention that I did pick up a little scrap this week, and I understand that there is metal in the shop we may use for classes. We’re going to make this work people.

1 Like

Great job!

I was hoping to look around…

:frowning:

1 Like

I still haven’t figure how to log into there. All of my lesson is in a doc file right now.

I was getting to the point of just uploading it here out of frustration. Guess I’ll give it another go.

1 Like

And the safety guide is finished!

I added a ton of links at the bottom for important PPE items and a link to the AWS page with the ANSI Z49’s current revision.

I can’t upload it myself on the learning site but I’ve passed it on to folks who can.

2 Likes

Thanks please let me know when ,where mostly when

Hi there!! I need a welding class also. Just joined and cannot wait to get started!!! Please let me know when as well. Thank you!

Do you guys just want me to copy paste my transcript in a different thread? I don’t know how the online class will work but until it goes live you’d be able to get a good overview/see a digital shopping list for items you may want to purchase on your own.

I didn’t add it to the online course but my original safety lecture did a breakdown of the different processes and what they do. I could write that up on here too if there’s any interest.

Additionally, is there any sort of project people want to weld up? Or is this more a case of curiosity? Just trying to figure out where people want me to draw the line or if we do want big cooperative welding projects.

1 Like

I would like to see a brief description of the various acronyms and their approximate functions. A “bird’s eye view”, if you will…

1 Like

I’ll get to work on that then.

1 Like

^The thread is there for folks needing safety training. Read it and know it!

I appreciate all the work you put in to compile the welding safety course materials for everyone, so I hope this doesn’t come off as ungrateful but is there any update as to when the actual welding class will occur? Again, my sincerest thank yous for all the time and effort you’ve put in so far!

I’m shooting for the 9th.

It’ll be a MIG+care and feeding of MIG machines.

2 Likes

that works for me!!!