Wanted: Powder Coat Oven and Gun Tutorial

Count 2 people here. Sounds like you @steve_a have full classes for a couple of weeks. Thanks for teaching.

Man, sounds like a really popular class. I donā€™t want to add to the dog pile but Iā€™d be interested as well, if you only want to do one small demo and donā€™t have anymore room though no biggie, thatā€™s what spending hours on YouTube is for right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Summit racing carries a lot of colors. I saw them today when I stopped by.

3 Likes

OK I am thinking I can do a demo this coming Monday 30th or Wednesday 2nd at 7. Maybe both nights just because so many people are interested. Itā€™s not really a ā€œClassā€ so I donā€™t have a way to work any kind of attendance. If there is light Iā€™ll do it outside by the rear docks, but if not, we may be able to open the truck bay and work inside. I wonā€™t be using the big oven, Iā€™ll just bring my toaster oven but the method is exactly the same.

3 Likes

Oopsā€¦ the boss says Monday is outā€¦ so Wednesday at 7. I can also do a daytime demo if anyone wants to meet.

3 Likes

I am good for Wednesday at 7. If you were to conduct a daytime demo, what day works best for you?

Thanks for teaching, Bud

Is this still on for tomorrow at 7pm, @steve_a ?

@steve_a I would like to know more about this. @TBJK perhaps you have information on the large oven?

Any update on if the demo is still happening tonight?

1 Like

Everyone, if youā€™re still interested steve is ready to do a demo now in the loading dock.

1 Like

Wish this has been updated sooner :confused:

1 Like

drats, just got caught up on talk. Wonā€™t be able to make it unfortunately, but have at it lads!

-Jim

I wanted to check in and see how the demo went! Is everything operational for a powder coating session?

The powder coating gun worked fine and that is the biggest piece. I brought my own powder coating ovenā€¦ (a toaster oven from Walmart) So I successfully powder coated some test pieces. The large powder coating oven is supposed to be up and running but I have yet to find someone to tell me how it works.

4 Likes

Are you planning another demo or can we schedule one?

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably come by later this week and see if I can get the bog oven running. From what Iā€™ve read, itā€™s done, just needs to be fired up. The PID temp controller panel is what I think controls it, from my glance last time.

I am open to another demo. Who wants it and when? I just need to work on a better ā€œPowder coating booth designā€¦ā€ just to make clean up easier.

Steve

Iā€™m down for any week day around 7 or weekend whenever (except Memorial weekend)

Next week, not at 6 on a Thurs, since there is a PR meeting then

I would like to learn this as well!