Wall Clock for the Machine Shop

That’s good thinkin’ right there.

Every so often even a blind hog finds an acorn…
… one of my rare lucky days.

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to post back here, my old clock did not acquire the time over an hour on top of the cabinet by the HAAS, and after switching to another spot on top of the metal shelves near the wall opposite the machine shop.

Hopefully yours does better. My only worry is it’s sometimes finnicky on needing a longer power cycle to quickly acquire time, and I did not power cycle in moving it from HAAS to opposite wall.

It did not reacquire signal on the drive home (with no power cycle from machine shop to car) but did reacquire in my house after a power cycle.

2 Likes

Most of these clocks only acquire once a day, so you need to give it several days to see if it syncs.

Most will attempt acquisition when powered on or time is (re)set.

Very few of the battery operated units will attempt to sync continuously even if they are not synced.

2 Likes

As of 01:35 it is still 5 minutes off. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Still about 5 minutes off as of 14:30

1 Like

For some reason I have a vague recollection that a lot of these times sync clocks tend to do it in the wee hours of the morning usually… If it’s not already, I’d leave it overnight.

1 Like

This is correct. The may also take a few days to get initial sync because of local interference.

I’ll leave it until I’m in Friday or Saturday. I’m signed up for a class Tuesday and I’d look then, but it’s looking like weather won’t permit that. Streets here were already icing up this afternoon.

It seems to be going the opposite way, Its now about 40 minutes fast.

1 Like

Weird. I’ll be in tomorrow and take a look at it.

We have sync! That little symbol to the right of the time has Wi-Fi like bars indicating it’s synced. I’ll leave it here until the replacement arrives

2 Likes

Contacted @TBJK to make sure he wants the 16" style I picked making it easy read. He says YES I’ll order and send to DMS for Machine Shop . . . my donation to DMS

1 Like

Fine by me

1 Like

Strange thing the other night was it had that signal.

Ordered the 16" Atomic clock. Supposed ti be delivered the the 8th (my stuff always arrives in the evening). Will bring in for Tim’s Tool Time on Thursday. Good sized clock should be easy to read.

1 Like

The clock came today . . . 2 day delivery took a week. Will bring in tomorrow. Will leave in Common Room where mail comes.

2 Likes

Was this ever installed? If not, where is it? I’ll try to hunt it down and install it Thursday. I’ll put it on the wall above the table my test unit it sitting on unless there are objections.

It was placed in the teacher’s cabinet last week.

It’s up. It has an interesting optional battery saving feature that stops the second hand between 11PM and 5AM. Not enabled currently. That’s probably a too-subtle clue for those who are sleep deprived and already burning the midnight oil.

It also started syncing within minutes of being hung on the wall. I’m guessing it will have little trouble maintaining sync.

Might be useful in some of the other shops as well.

6 Likes