Vulcanizer on Craigslist

Someone has a vulcanizer for sale on Craigslist, I think for $350. These usually sell for a lot more than that when new. They also are selling rubber molds for making waxes.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/jwl/6070209482.html

1 Like

I have one I can loan to DMS is someone is willing to make the mold frame for it. I have a little bit of rubber too

1 Like

We have a wax injector. We almost have everything we need to do lost wax casting.

1 Like

Yes, we are getting there!

I contacted this guy and he is a former DMS member from Ladybird. He is going to consider donating this equipment and perhaps rejoining to teach classes.

3 Likes

What’s still missing? Tbh my Jewelry class only uses the centrifuge a short portion of the year and it’s my equipment. If DMS doesn’t mind upkeep on the housing and purchasing a crucible/cups I’m happy to lend it when not in use. (Those were bought with district money and can’t leave campus) Especially in summer when I have to worry it’ll become a mouse trap lol.

Ditto the propane foundry

First and foremost, additional space in the JSM area. The shelf with DPRGs storage must go. Once that is done the rest is easy. I encourage you to attend the next committee meeting we have scheduled on 4/26, for more specifics on the current setup we have planned. We can always use your help!!

I’ll be out of town but will get with you guys next time

1 Like

I’m not sure if we have casting flasks and investment, and depending on what type of casting you are accustomed to doing, a vacuum table, pressure rig, or a better spincaster. Until now we didn’t have anything for melting metal and would have to use a torch outdoors or the propane kiln setup.

This is our wee beastie…albiet an older model with a crude housing. Our fire marshall is fine with us doing it inside since it’s just a torch anyway BUT we don’t have a landlord or unwashed masses. I’ll try to make the next meeting after our trip. I know for sure the current housing could be “upgraded” so it’s smaller and a wheel system put under it so it can go in and out the bay easily. The guy who gave it to us couldn’t find his cups and had broken his crucible but if I reckon correctly they were like twenty bucks. I don’t remember what investment costs since he gave us plenty but Rio has it. TBH in our setting I’ll probably have them use a plaster refractory mix and sandblast it off so I’m not dealing with sole source bids and red tape.

Vacuum box is something I need to build this summer. We get by with tapping the investment but it’s super annoying if you’re not the tapper lol