Vote! Voting ends Thursday! Request for your voting rights now

Voting ends Thursday. Vote! We have 11 great choices.

if you are eligible to vote, but have not requested your voting rights, do so now. Open a help desk and request it today. It takes some time for the volunteers to process and set up.
Help Desk link

if you are eligible to vote and have your voting rights, VOTE!

We have a 1,000+ members. Be a decision maker and pick folks that represent your interests.

Statments of Intent: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Category:2016_Statements_of_Intent

Election Information

Questions for the Candidates

7 Likes

I wonder if anyone is waiting for the meeting, so far 50 ballots have been cast, last year the board of elections vote had 66 ballots cast.

Sadly, not eligible yet… By like 2 weeks :slight_smile:

Just made it!

3 Likes

How do we sign in to iTop?
Use DMS login?
It won’t accept mine.

1 Like

Yes, the user name & password you use for your billing for DMS

1 Like

It’s not accepting my login. Invalid login including reset password.

1 Like

What are you trying to login into? I don’t see any password resets on the system you would use.

You should have received an email on 3/28 around 11:39 AM that included instructions for setting all of this up. I’ll copy and paste the contents if you can’t find it:

Hello Ferman,

It’s time for our yearly board of directors election, this year we will be doing things slightly differently to help satisfy some legal requirements.

How do I vote online?

Voting online is simple and will use our existing voting system. If you are already a voting member, your LDAP/AD account will let you access the voting system. If it won’t let you login and you wish to become a voting member (you must have been a member for at least 3 months), you’ll need to complete a few steps:

Make sure your Active Directory (AD) account is enabled
Create a helpdesk ticket requesting voting rights
Try logging into the voting system again
If that doesn’t work, submit a helpdesk ticket asking for assistance
Online voting will start on April 7th at 7pm and end on April 14th at 7pm.

As part of the new system, the way online voting is being handled, your vote will be considered granting Andrew LeCody your proxy for the Annual Membership Meeting, held on April 14th at 8pm. Andrew will vote on your behalf at the meeting, exactly as you have voted in the online voting system. That means that if you use the online voting system it will be exactly the same as if you were physically present and cast a vote at the Annual Membership Meeting. If you have questions about the specifics or why we are doing things this way, please read through this post on our forums:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/announcement-board-of-directors-election-2016/8228

Meet the candidates

This Thursday (March 31st) at 8pm we will have meet-and-greet where members can ask questions of the candidates running for the Board of Directors. To see the list of candidates, please check out the wiki:

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Category:2016_Statements_of_Intent

Thank you!

Andrew LeCody
President / Board Member

3 Likes

I opened a ticket for access to the voting system / addition of voting rights previously. It was approved and I was able to login.

I tried to login just now to cast my vote and received the following error:
Authorization failure. Your account is inactive.

Anybody else experienced this?

FWIW, Alper got taken care of.

5 Likes

Thanks.
I was clicking the wrong link.
I kept clicking on this link.

Didn’t make the cutoff. :frowning:
But, at least, now I know the correct link.

I am getting a response stating the the voting is currently offline. I am trying to vote and not able to. Could someone please explain what is going on?

Wrong thread… this is from last year…

3 Likes