[COMPLETED] - Volunteer Opportunities - Air Compressor Maintenance

The time has come to do the maintenance on the air compressor.

I have heard that we may have a leak on the gasket on the compressor closest to the door, as well as we are due for an oil change.

The compressor is under warranty so the volunteer that takes this task will need to let the Quincy tech inspect the units and replace consumables such as filters and oil to maintain smooth operation.

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".

I’m willing to do it. The other day the pressure relief was leaking. This was on the furthest compressor.

3 Likes

Great!

I sent you a PM with the contact of our account manager at Quincy. Please work with @StanSimmons to get access to the electrical room if you don’t currently have access.

Thank You,

Robert Davidson

Tim doesn’t yet have access, but can be easily added.

@dallasmagna, @Tapper, and @Photomancer all have Electrical Room access.

1 Like

Tim has been added to the Electrical Room.

2 Likes

@TBJK

Has Quincy been called?

I went by there and noticed one of the compressors is currently shutdown. Is there anything I can do to get assist you in getting this completed. So that we can get the compressor back at 100%

I’m not sure why that the compressor was turned off. I saw it was off Monday when I was gathering all the specs to get the stuff maintained. The auto drain was also disconnected, presumably because there was a hole in the PVC hose. That really needs to be hooked back up as well. We don’t want tank rot. I have not been able to call Quincy as of yet. I have a little downtime today while I am monitoring some stuff at work today.

3 Likes

Because the head gasket is blown out on the side nearest the outside wall. When it gets warmer from running it starts leaking. You can see where it’s physically damaged plus there’s oil running down the side of the cylinder casing.

3 Likes

@TBJK I have not seen an update on this, has the compressor’s head gasket been repaired?

I have been back and forth in contact with Quincy. They do have parts locally, when I hear back from them(hopefully today), I plan on going by their counter sales to pick up whatever we need.

4 Likes

I received a quote this morning from Quincy for parts only for the top ends, oil change and air filters. The warranty doesn’t cover the top end for parts as that is seen as a normal maintenance item & consumable. Shoot me your email @Robert_Davidson & I will send it your way. A top end is very straight forward if anyone else wants to watch. Parts are 3-5 days out due to recip compressor falling out of popularity in the industry.

3 Likes

Sure if you could just email admin at dallasmakerspace.org and I will get it paid.

@StanSimmons FYI I will CC you on this as Infra owns the compressor.

1 Like

I’d be interested in watching and learning/holding tools.

2 Likes

I’ve approved the quote. Tim can order the parts.

QTEACKN.pdf (17.6 KB)

1 Like

Air compressor is 100% now with the auto drain functioning.

5 Likes

Yay! Thanks!! :smiley: