Vinyl Wall Art for Tours Etc

Brought a piece of Vinyl wall art up from local Dallas Artist Curt Eichelberger og Deep Ellum artist. Would be a good tour look at this thing you can do. Lmk if y’all wana hang it in CA :+1:t3:

Vinyl on clear acrylic with spray paint.

@Team_PR @Team_Creative_Arts

2 Likes

We don’t have much wall space in the main room, but it would look good in the Digital Arts room (just not over the vinyl computer cause I’ve got plans for vinyl storage there).

@jrkriehn could you make a little plaque or something out of foam core to put under it explaining what it is and who made it?

Or we could ask @anonymous_bosh if theres a place it would make more impact on a tour?

Is the back of the acrylic completely blacked out with vinyl? That background(the sky behind the subject) is crying for backlighting :slight_smile:

Maybe changeout one of the pieces in the lobby?
Or next to our newly installed bulletin board? Or if you can get some light on it (or if it could be backlit) on that wall where the copier used to be?

I’m not available until the 8th.

1 Like

All the black is vinyl the color is spray paint over that backing layer. He had several backlit pieces in a club in expo park back in the day. Think one was Eryka Badu. This is a very early piece of his.

I think like you said it would look good in the digital ca room on the back wall facing the door when you are looking in.

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing something? Was this created at DMS? It’s a nice piece of art, but we have lots of stuff made here that is really cool too!

2 Likes

At a PR event it was suggested to bring up artwork or maker stuffs to support committees processes, and fill the empty walls. Lobby halls etc

It’s a cool piece, relatively easy process that supports CA

you know what would be a cool piece of wall art to put up around the makerspace would be signage labelling each classroom / room aka “Purple Classroom” “South Lobby” North Lobby" I’ve been here years and had to rack my brain trying to remember which room was which to book a classroom event ducks

3 Likes