Vinyl on its way to CA

I need to apologize for not having this in stock - I was told to order it - I waited a bit to long for approval and shenanigans happened. This very second the following is coming to DMS via Fed Ex:

50yards of white vinyl
10yards of matte black vinyl
50 yards of blue vinyl
50 yards of red vinyl
50 yards of yellow vinyl
50 yards of green vinyl
15ft of white heat transfer
15ft of black heat transfer
15ft of red heat transfer

Scooted right under the $500 mark for this one.

11 Likes

Huzzah!!! I look forward to cutting some of that red vinyl soon.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, did you order any clear application tape?

The roll we have at the space currently is too wide for the smaller rolls of vinyl. You can technically use it, but it would be really wasteful.

I used some of the masking tape kinda stuff and it was a real pain in the neck just to get 8" for the small decal I was making.

you can also use painters tape as transfer tape if its smaller you dont HAVE to use actual brand transfer tape. i would rather have the large and cut a piece off than only have the small and need to do a large piece.

Porque no los dos?

I hate wasting material, especially if it’s not biodegradable.
The problem is that if I only need a piece 12" x 8" that means there’s going to be a 12" x 8" piece still stuck to the 24" roll that is basically unusable for anyone but me.

Also the larger roll is harder to handle.

Having a roll that matches the width of most of our vinyl means less overall waste.

I don’t think that would be the case. I made decals on tuesday, and someone had cut a maybe 10" x 10" piece and stuck it back on the roll. I was able to use that piece first, then finish from the roll. YMMV but I didn’t have difficulty with the large roll. I believe the large roll is more cost effective.

Its not unusable for the people who are using the Silhouette machine.

It would be great if we could set up some sort of basket or something for vinyl (and transfer tape) scraps for the Silhouette. I’ve been trying to come up with the best way to do that but haven’t found any solid ideas other than just a basket with a note on it.

1 Like

There’s a drawer for vinyl scraps below the tv. To save the transfer tape you will need the discarded backing layer from a piece of vinyl to keep it from sticking to other stuff.

Sticking it back on the roll will only save it until someone else needs to use the roll.

1 Like

Thank you @uglyknees

Please order transfer film. Clear in 6" and Clear in a 12" rolls.

We currently have a roll of paper transfer paper, about 12"-15" wide. I am sorry I have not burned it and disposed of it properly. It only sticks to itself (herculean effort to peel off the roll). Once peeled, it is too exhausted to stick to anything.

2 Likes

LOL I thought it was just me.

Hello All
I was just wondering if someone has any advice on where to buy their own vinyl. My wife and I have found a starter pack on Amazon for 40 bucks seems good,but we have never bought any before. Any advice for newbies? I check the wiki but there wasn’t to much info on buying.

https://www.amazon.com/ORACAL-Multi-Color-Starter-Silhouette-Installation/dp/B01N90ZU84/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1530889398&sr=8-5&keywords=adhesive+vinyl+roll

If you’re looking to buy locally check out GSG on Spring Valley.

Besides that I like Sign Warehouse, they’re based out of Sherman so they ship pretty quick.
There’s also US Cutter who are in the Pacific Northwest IIRC.

Oracal is a well-liked brand. Try to think about what kind of applications you’re going to be using these for. You can get a “low-tac” version that doesn’t peel paint if you’re looking to make wall decals.

A multi-color pack is fun, but hard to store unless you have a rack. Also you’re probably only going to get a yard or two of each color, some of which you may not have much use for.

3 Likes

Thanks I will check those out

Great news! Thank you!!!

FYI vinyl transfer tape (2 types), hot glue sticks, and the air brush cleaner were delivered today. Please look around for them.

I ordered the transfer tape via amazon this go around to avoid the extra shipping (forgot to order it via sign warehouse) let me know what you think of it.

1 Like

Is the the htv and regular vinyl in?

I’m trying to login and check via sign warehouse. I haven’t been able to get up to Dms for quite some time to put things away.

My phone was replaced today so now I’m giving the finger to every password I ever used.

I’ll let you know as soon as I split my phone in two from password rage.

I put two packages with your name on them in CA this afternoon. No idea what was in them. One very light, and one heavy-ish.

Haha no worries. Just curious. Good luck with the password fiend

Yes. The htv is in the teacher cabinet. I believe most if not all the vinyl is in.

@uglyknees @dgorilla01 GSG delivers same day for $5.

Daniel A, you can use dollar tree clear shelf paper as transfer tape. Great stuff. The vinyl we stock is Oracal 651

2 Likes