Vinyl cutter Teflon strip replaced

It should now be good to go again.

Can the person who thought metal tape would be a good replacement for Teflon please not do it again, many thanks

4 Likes

Thank you @mreynolds !

I installed the new teflon strip only 2 weeks ago, and now its vamooshed, disappeared.

Does anyone know where it is?? did it fall off and someone place it somewhere??

Its not going to cut well without one

Never mind, found it scrunched up next to computer.

Did the vinyl cutter do this? Can anyone help with cause. Thanks

1 Like

What is needed to fix the vinyl cutter?

I tried straightening out the kinks in the Teflon and now I have some glue on it, along with some blue tape on the edges to hold it down while it set. It’s ugly, but it works so far.

2 Likes

Great! I’ll test this afternoon.

I used the vinyl cutter this afternoon and it cut OK. The Teflon strip was not attached at the far end. Any glue had not held and the were just 2 pieces of blue tape (one at the beginning and one about the middle). I taped far end down.

How is the strip supposed to be held in? Part of the cool thing about Teflon is that nothing sticks to it. Did it come with an adhesive strip or special glue?

Surprisingly nope, just the plain tape. There was however lots of residue glue from the previous strip however this was compromised by the metal tape that someone used when the original Teflon tape was removed.

I’ll look into alternative ways of securing it, the blue tape I added so that it could still fit the 15" wide vinyl rolls

1 Like

@mreynolds can you please order a couple of replacements?

Passing that to @rvalles70 as my card expired

tool status says the titan needs some TLC. is it still wonky or good to go? i had seen the metal tape a while back and stopped going to DMS to use the vinyl plotter because it was so janky in that configuration and snagged on every corner or angle. thanks for fixing it and getting the teflon tape.

I cleaned off that horrid metal tape and tried to replace with Teflon strip. It didn’t stick so I glued and attached with a little blue tape to hold it in place. Bit hokey but there is clearance for the 15" rolls we use and it cuts just fine.

I did notice it catching on the ruler which somehow had obtained knife cuts (use scissors damnit). I took off what jagged ends I could find.

I’ll be back at the space tomorrow. I’m going to try another approach with the teflon. It is ok to use currently though, I’ve used it several times since.

1 Like

thanks so much for the fast reply! i appreciate you looking into this and sorting out this tool. i have been having issues with my titan2 so i feel helpless is every plotter in my life is broken.

what about that teflon (blue) tape we use for the 3d printing beds? its super slick and adhesive on one side. i have a roll ill donate i know the thermal tape they use in 3d fab is the wide format and super pricey, is there a spot i could hide it for you so you could try it out see if you think itll help?

1 Like

Let me try the Teflon tomorrow and then we can test other routes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hit me up if you ever need it

2 Likes