Vinyl cutter & heat press status

Does anyone knows if I’m able to do some vinyl cutting and heat press at this moment? Does all the machine in working condition? Trying to make few shirts for Halloween.

@ladysandry reported last night that the Teflon strip was missing. I’m not sure what that means for the vinyl cutter operation. I will probably check with @cvrana to see what we need. That won’t be until Monday.

This was the cutting strip I was advised to order way back when.

4 Likes

Many thanks! I need to get blades too.

1 Like

These are what you want. When I bought them I was advised to get 30, 45, and 60 degree options.

4 Likes

I have no idea if we have back ups already for that strip. I looked through all the drawers in that room but I wasn’t able to check the supplies cabinets in the main room. I would have thought we’d have gotten a few back ups last time but maybe we’ve used them all? Not sure how often it needs to be changed.

I’ll check it later. Before I buy.

i found the teflon strip on the floor the other day, moved it back onto the press. might be nearby or behind the press?

I usually just use butcher paper (not wax paper) to provide a barrier. since every other time i go there the teflon has disappeared. maybe some safety cord / strand to attach it?

1 Like

how does it stick? sounds like whatever adhesive it comes with isn’t sufficient if it keeps going rogue :stuck_out_tongue:

What press are you talking about? The strip that the OP is asking about is the cutting strip that goes into the vinyl cutter under the blade.

i definitely had the wrong thing in mind! oops!

1 Like