Vinyl cutter class '17?

I’d like to use the vinyl cutter. Is there a plan for a class for this machine? None are on the schedule now.

Ari.

1 Like

Paging @talkers and @Adam_Oas

1 Like

I would also like a vinyl cutter class please! Lots of cool plans

1 Like

There have been at least five. If @talkers or @Adam_Oas aren’t available I can do one…but we need 3 who are going to take it.

I will take it pretty much any day any time, if you end up doing a class, I will try to make sure I get into it!

For what it’s worth, I don’t think you’ll have trouble getting three for this class.(During typical after work hours.) It’s a training required tool, and often in high demand.

We’ve also had a great number of new members in the last couple of months and most of those people are looking for these required classes.

3 Likes

10-4. I’ll give our standard instructors a day or so to chime back if they want to do it or not (or if they have one pending) so that no toes are stepped on :slight_smile:

1 Like

I offer this class about 3 times a month. The last class was Tuesday, July 18th.

I also include the button maker because it’s so much fun.

My next class is Aug 2. It should show up on the calendar in a couple of days.

@MrsMoose ping me so we can coordinate on future classes as well as review what I am currently teaching.

4 Likes

I don’t see anything on the calendar yet for August 2, Can you post here when you put it on the calendar so I can sign up?

Ari.

@talkers - I’m free to teach some vinyl classes if there’s ever a need :blush:
Let me know how to sign up!

1 Like

It takes a few days afte the teacher adds it for the powers that be to approve itv

This is completely untrue, and stating such is harmful to the elucidation of anyone, but especially a new member.
The class, once created in the calendar, will take 72 hours to be available for registration. It also will not appear publicly on the calendar until that time.
“The powers that be”, if you MUST use that phrase for the hard-working volunteers who attempt to keep riffraff out of the honorarium and calendaring system, can only REJECT a class within 72 hours. There is no “approval” process. Only a rejection process.

This process is stated in the wiki pages from the teaching perspective:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/New_Member_411#Learn

and the link from that, “So, you want to teach a class”:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/So_You_Want_to_Teach_A_Class
and the pertinent subsection, “But how does it work after that”:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/So_You_Want_to_Teach_A_Class#But_how_does_it_all_work_after_that.3F

Maybe we could make it more clear for new students? HOW could that happen?

Other than getting feathers fluffed by vocabulary semantics I don’t see where any of that is different from what I said.

2 Likes

So you cannot see that an approval is not the same as a rejection?

That article actually clears some confusion up for me. I was under the impression that the classes had to be approved before they would appear on the calendar, and that was the delay. When stated like that it puts the cause of the delay on the “approval team”. But in reality, there is a grace period that allows for a cancellation to occur before classes are published that do not meet criteria and would have to be removed from the calendar, potentially after people have signed up to attend and possibly paid a fee.

2 Likes

Not really. The rejection process is essentially a passive approval…and lord knows people get touchy enough that classes can get rejected at all much less that it’s the primary function for honorarium reviews.

As for the paying a fee…you can’t register for classes that are pending/awaiting rejection. If a class is canceled after you register as far as I know it has to be the teacher

In addition to the class Weds Aug 2 @ 7pm, I added a one Sund Aug 6 @ 2pm
@kim We talked a little. we can talk more and do a train the trainer at one of these. @MrsMoose