Vintage Computers now has legs

@themitch22 By any chance did you reclaim your donation the the ICM? I came buy to present today’s class and it, along with a few other things on the shelves where missing.

@dms_members If anyone has any details on the missing computers please post them below. Thanks.

@bscharff told me it’s going away and either I take the iMac or it’s going to the donation shelf. I gave the iMac to another member. The other CRT monitor I’m not sure if it went too.

I think you lost an uphill battle of keeping vintage computers at the space. Sorry.

Thanks for clearing that up. Well there goes the STEM backing and program I was working on for almost a year.

Nand2Tetris anyone? no?! Very well, the battle may be lost (for now) but the war for VCC to become a full committee and to teach in-depth computing shall be won!

7 Likes

90 posts were split to a new topic: Vintage Computer Discussion

One of my very first “programs” (that didn’t involve copying the code from a magazine lollollol) was in BASIC on an Apple IIe in High School… It was a Madlibs concept that we had a blast inputting “naughty” (but not so naughty as to get in trouble with our teachers lol) words in to make the most ridiculously funny stories! aaawww Memories!!! hehe :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :joy:

1 Like

Can you share more about this? It sounds like that would definitely fit our Educational purposes! :slight_smile:

The monitor is still there for now.

According to the rules, it cannot go on the Freebie Shelf…

1 Like

This appears to be the SOP here.