Very "Serious" and Controversial Topic ;)

I’ve seen a lot of arguing around this ideological rift and it’s time to set the record straight.

FACT. Tom Baker was the best doctor.
Anyone who says otherwise is either gravely misinformed or perhaps just unfamiliar with the man.

1. Starred in more episodes than any other doctor.
  2. Acted more like an alien than any of the other actors. In general he was able to balance serious and silly extremely deftly in a way that no other doctor has come close to.
  3. His hat was cooler than any fez ever hoped to be, and his scarf was legendary. Contrary to popular belief bow ties are NOT cool, adorkable, sure. But cool? Never.
  4. His era of Who was the most atmospheric and has the best (worst) foam rubber monsters.
  5. His hair is the most similar to mine. Just look at those curls… LOOK AT EM!!
  6. Jelly Babies. Nuff said.

I do concede that it’s not fair to compare “New Who” to “Who Classic” they’re practically two different shows.
That being said, he was clearly the best doctor of the original run, and if I had to pick a favorite from the new series it would be Tennant, but honestly I’m not sure how much of that is due to his relationship with Rose. Smith was aiight I guess, but Karen Gillan is what I liked best about those episodes.

Here is some photographic evidence to prove my case.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Exhibit C.

Exhibit D.
tumblr_naslhhTbsC1qjycg5o2_250

I rest my case.

8 Likes

Bow ties are not cool? Old-School-Cool Ted Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss) would like a word:

1 Like

tumblr_ob1flazWGj1tmupmbo2_400

tumblr_owcx41ugNo1qmob6ro1_500

2 Likes

Exhibit C

Cenobite??

1 Like

tenorgiphy-1giphygiphy-3giphy-2giphy-4

1 Like

tumblr_oilk2ci3851tsfx8ro1_400

1 Like

Tennant was great at walking that serious/silly line!

Also his doctor number is in his name

M E T A
E
T
A

3 Likes

Your suffering will be legendary, even on Gallifrey…

#4 was so ahead of his time!
#timelordproblems

Despite nasty rumors (started by me) that Eccleston is my favorite Doctor, I have to say I love the Tom Baker, Eccleston, and Tennant eras best because they share a certain playful cadence and rhythm that I really enjoy. On the other hand I mean come on how can you not love every one of these people:

Edited for clarity - Tom Baker, not Colin Baker. I think we can all agree on that.

2 Likes

Tom Baker was my Doctor, he’ll always be my favorite :smiley:

2 Likes

well since this topic draws my attention, let me just remind you that Tennant was 1: such a fanboy that not only did he write fanfiction but also MARRIED the doctors daughter and had the doctors grandson… who btw still likes 12 more than any of the other doctors…

we can all agree Tennant was MADE for that role. also i dont see Tom Baker being SCROOGE MCDUCK

i rest my case
im out
mike drop

4 Likes

What @axeonos said except I don’t know anyone named Mike so I’ll just drop a mic

4 Likes

beware my autocorrect…

1 Like

You lost me at the Scrooge McDuck metaphor.

Also as chair of Digital Media I have to remind everyone that mics hate being dropped hahaha

1 Like

But they make such a cool sound and signal finality so well

1 Like

David Tennant is the voice for the reboot of Ducktales, as the main character, Scrooge McDuck. the same one that literally swims in money.

and though i agree dropping mics is bad, i must remind you this is a forum. no mics were hurt while dropping here… Mike on the other hand

2 Likes

Ahhh I remember hearing about that now. Tennant is cleaning up on the reboots.

Yeah, but if you really understand, that sound is the tortured souls of every future sound board op trying to make people sound good on that now damaged piece of expensive hardware that nobody is willing to pay to replace. Once a sound board op has seen you do that once, they may never worry about how you sound on mic again.

So sure, go for it.

1 Like

So I get sustenance and an awesome sound? I need to find more mics

Just buy Shure mics, they’ll be fine.