Veneers and Veneer Samples

I put some veneers on the freebie shelf last week. In addition I put some veneers that had been finished and mounted onto a “samples” substrate used in the aircraft interiors market. These “samples” are used by interior designers and owners of Gulfstream aircraft to select their interior woods.

The veneers are mounted on a wood backing (not paper). The sample substrates could be used to display jewelry, make a a clock face for, or as the beginnings of a box etc.

Hopefully, somebody will find a use for them. If you do and you are so inclined please share a picture of what you made from them.

5 Likes

I saw a sheet of different veneer samples that was stuffed in vertical storage along with a lot of unmarked items that were off-sited today.

We off-sited most of vertical storage today. About half of what we took was expired with 7 day tags on it and the other half had no tags at all.

I only put these on the freebie shelf on Thursday. They were on the top shelf and there was two stacks about two feet tall of them on the shelf.

I’m coming to DMS tomorrow and I’ll check to see if they are still there or have been removed or taken.

If they are truly in the off-site then I’ll retrieve them since they’ve only had a few days on the shelf.
They are some nice veneers so I’d hate to see them disposed of.

1 Like

Well, the problem is that they were off sited because they were stored with a bunch of untagged or expired wood. Storage is getting abused and we just off sited a massive amount because of it.

2 Likes

Are we talking about the freebie shelf by the back door?

I’m talking about the vertical project storage over by the woodshop doors. There was a sheet with a bunch of veneer samples shoved in there and it was off-sited with all the outdated project materials.

The stuff I deposited was on the top shelf of the freebie shelves between
the back door and the automatic garage door.
Sorry for any confusion.

1 Like

I’m saying there’s a big sheet with a bunch of small samples of veneers glued to it that ended up in off-site storage with the vertical storage off-siting. It sounds like what you brought in.

1 Like

The stuff I brought in are large sample sheets. Not a big sheet with small samples on it. These are all 18x18 or so and some are book matched, too. There are probably a 100 or so of them. I think we are talking about two separate things.

3 Likes

Cool. tnx
:blankspace:

Dan,

I saw them on the Freebie shelf, on top. The Freebie stuff I believe is being stored. But I don’t know status of what was on the shelves. Laser didn’t account for all the space they needed with the two new lasers arriving and is now occupying that space. I’m told Freebie will be set up somewhere else (where fire cabinets are is what I heard). And Fire Cabs will go to?

Logistics and Laser chairs are working it out.

The discussion was to move the Exchange shelf to where areo space had been.
but that was not firmed up at Wed s night logistic meeting[There was a discussion of the problems of placing a work table where the shelf was

I guess I need to make a trip out and see what the heck is happening

I checked the shelf today. The funky bucket of the vacuum cleaner is still there but all of the veneer and samples are gone. As long as somebody is going to do something with them and not just put them in the dumpster that’s cool with me.

I have some more, but I’ll wait until things settle down a bit before putting them on the shelf.

I also have three boxes of leather samples to put on the shelf. They are mostly 10x10s. They are upholstery leathers for the most part.

When you bring the leather samble, let Beth or Tim now, He might could use some for his
books

I used some of the samples you gave me at the open house for display
I may use them for the Maker faire show in Dec