Vending Machine!

I have emptied the vending machine that’s in the Galley, and would like to fill it with actual useful stuff. That being said, does anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking general things that can be used by almost anyone at the space rather than specific things like

The machine is also capable of refrigeration (it’s currently disabled but can be enabled), so food is kind of an option, but I’d prefer to limit it to things that last a while when refrigerated.

1 Like

If anyone is interested, I have an old Lance vending machine in storage that has the pull handles for dispensing items like candy bars and packaged snack crackers or cookies.

It has no coin mechanism but if someone could rig up some solenoids or something with a key fob reader you could use it to dispense things and have the ID of the user who got the item.

Could be used for food or for anything else you could imagine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to try getting the existing one stocked and used before taking on more vending machines.

Batteries? Seems to me like the kind of thing that would be needed fairly often.

I had batteries in there… no one ever bought them!

1 Like

I don’t remember looking closely, but were there normal AA / AAA batteries? I recall seeing coin cells, which I can imagine wouldn’t be needed too often.

Metric fasteners are really convenient, my problem is I never have cash and when I do it’s not in the denominations that machine accepts.

The machine accepts all denominations, you just have to put the smaller bills in first if I recall.