Vehicle needs to be moved ASAP or it will be towed

How about parking inside the space?

I’m going to be uncharacteristically pedantic: the trailer and vehicle were within the lateral and front boundary lines of the spot. I’ve seen longer trucks stick out that much. I would not call it a bad parking job.

Let’s be more excellent and help out in the grey areas.

1 Like

Ok you’re just being silly now. The car is sticking out the back of the parking spot clearly. It was in the way of the neighbors loading dock.

Thr landlord and neighbors don’t have to play by our “be excellent” rule. We did try and figure out if we could move it ourselves.

Now stop. This is unnecessary.

2 Likes

And that’s the “be excellent” part. I’m glad someone solved the problem w/o an expensive towing fee for the car’s owner.

No. The day that we can’t have a difference of opinion on Talk is the day DMS ceases to be useful. I will continue to refute irrational arguments and encourage members to think of others before acting.

2 Likes

Is your “acting before thinking” comment related to the main subject of this thread? If so, I still don’t get which of our “members” was about to “act before thinking” in this case and how you think this was handled incorrectly overall. AFAICT: neighbor complained to landlord, landlord gives us a heads up, and @Robert_Davidson shares the message. If your complaint is with Robert, would he have received less criticism for simply ignoring the warning?

2 Likes

In my opinion, it would be “being excellent” if members stopped using our parking lot to store their vehicles. The way the vehicles have been accumulating, it is starting to look like a used car lot in the back of the building.

In particular, I am referring to the vehicles with the vehicle covers, which clearly scream ‘long term storage’ to me.

15 Likes

Those are only 2/14 of the nonmoving vehicles. Why stop at car covers

2 Likes

No one said anything about stopping, but as I said, a car cover screams I AM STORING A CAR here

1 Like

So what’s the deal here? Are we trying to allow people to skirt the rules when they’re not being obtrusive? Is this (assumed) policy getting out of hand? Or has it just been too long since someone has come around with a chalk stick and marked tires?

Edit: I only make this rather spikey suggestion because parking is likely to get us the most heat of anything besides actual property damage.

1 Like

Please look back at my original post. I was referring to Lampy’s “laughing-but-potentially-not-funny” suggestion.

1 Like

Which is what I specifically asked about the first time and didn’t get a response, and wrongly assumed that wasn’t what you were apparently continuing to criticize.

1 Like

To be fair, I also have a problem with the fuzzy definition of where and how vehicles can be parked. Head over to the other topic to continue the discussion on that topic.

See https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/parking-rules-need-to-be-created-clarified/13630 for continued discussion.