VECTOR PROJECT! VR Pinball

Hey VECTORIAN,
This looks like a totally cool idea, want to try and build one?

@rablack97, @nickdangerous

2 Likes

I have some cab plans…

1 Like

Looks cool. I’d like to try one. However, I don’t share his enthusiasm that VR will replace the real thing. It’s still antisocial (too immersive) and the physics and feedback will never be as good as “actual reality”. But it will bring more people into the hobby and serve as a sort of virtual preservation museum for the older titles. So overall, it’s a win for pinball and we should have one since they are so cheap to build.

Good PR exhibit too… maybe have the same original and VR pinball game standing next to one another to compare the differences.

1 Like

I am actually looking/planning on building one of these to take to TPF this year. Except I have a lot more ideas that we want to implement.

2 Likes

AWESOME!!!

Looks like you are a newbie to the forum, if you are also a member of DMS, you should try and pop by the VECTOR area after work. We have a very talented group of restorers and builders. They are a great resource for finding Pinball specific parts and finding source material to base your design off of.

I’m Nick Sainz, one of the many members of VECTOR, the King Pin that is set to Free Play in the warehouse is mine. I wish you the best of luck on your project and if you need further help please feel free to PM me on this forum and I’ll try to assist you.

Lol, Nick… You so funny. I’m the HyperPin (Virtual Pinball) guy. I’m new on the forums, but not an actual member of DMS. No job right now and can’t afford it. :frowning:

1 Like

LOL, Hey Bill,
:blush: Didn’t match the face to the name in my head. I’m excited to see your project at TPF! I’ll make a point to check it out early before the forehead grease is flowing. :wink:

Every Thursday is our “open house /tour night”… You can still stop by tonight from 7 PM - 9 PM, if you happen to be in the area… :dms: :plasmacam_smiley:

I’ll be there tonight. Making an effort to be there every Thursday from now on. Will be sorting the parts bins and will bring a couple of vintage bagatelles to decorate the walls with.

1 Like