VECTOR Feb. Committee Mtg 2/13/20 ? PM

Hey folks,

With Electronics having their meeting at 7:30, do we want to meet at 7 PM as usual & have some overlap, or shall we move it up to 6:30 or 6:45? We will meet in the North Lobby Conference Room as usual. https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/15273

Proposed Agenda Items: (add yours as a reply)

• Plans for TPF! Kim is getting antsy about our space logistics, so we need to nail this down. I’m about to tell her put us in a big long row along a wall near DFW Pinball Club. I don’t think we need anything fancy, unless any of you have other ideas. Plus what to do about High Speed.
  • Classes. I’ve got a guy who teaches EM workshops who will be down during TPF and wants to do one here. I’m also reaching out to locals who do home console mods and would like to put such workshops on the calendar as well.
  • Project updates.

See you there!

1 Like

I wish Kim would have a room reserved for those of us who could teach troubleshooting and repairs.

I mentioned it a few times in the past and they’ve always pooh-poohed the idea.

Like a hotel room? Or one of the upstairs conference rooms? Last year at TPF, I actually did the phone screen for my current job in one of those rooms just upstairs from the expo. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess worst case scenario, we could just take the matter into our own hands and do what some conferences & conventions do – set up demos & test benches & such in one of the actual hotel suites.

Anyway the EM teacher, Mark Gibson, is willing to talk to us Thursday during the committee meeting to introduce himself & give a summary of what he can offer.

To elaborate, I’m considering a trip to TPF and wanted to reach out to see if there’s an opportunity to collaborate. That might be teaching an introductory workshop or an extended EM repair class, bringing some of the exhibit out, hosting a repair clinic, etc.

/Mark
FunWithPinball.com

Just a reminder that tonight is our committee meeting! We are sticking with 7 PM as our time, despite what’s on the calendar, since no one wanted to convene early to fully attend VECTOR & Electronics. I’ve got Mark’s number and we can call him if we have any questions while discussing the opportunity.

See you later!

1 Like

Attendees: Stephen, Oscar

7:10 - Meeting called to order & adjourned. Since only two of us showed up for the meeting, Oscar & I just discussed his project.